488 vis 410

todd hughes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 srt 10 with 410 i thank 488 would be better what do u all think?? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

your post is full of fail... now please, what are you trying to communicate to the forum?

I had 4.88s in my RC and loved them. I still got 17 mpg driving from PA to NC and back with the RPMs still well below 2k. I don't remember how much the RPMs went up in 6th gear, but it wasn't outrageous.

todd hughes said:
I have a 04 srt 10 with 410 i thank 488 would be better what do u all think?? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
If you run a drag radial that is shorter than the street tire you will have to shift into 5th gear in the 1/4 mile. If you are just going to drive around town and an occasional trip to the 1/8th mile then the 4.88 will be more fun.

skyy406 said:
your post is full of fail... now please, what are you trying to communicate to the forum?
Not really. All he wants to know is which is better for him. The factory 4.10 gears or 4.88 gears. We understood him. Dont be so hard on people. And if you're joking, use a smiley. :)

Huge difference, 4:56's are great but the 4:88's are really fun. Have made several 800 mile trips and still get around 16 to 16.5. Overall the 4:56's are better choice. I have used all three.

SANTEEN said:
Not really. All he wants to know is which is better for him. The factory 4.10 gears or 4.88 gears. We understood him. Dont be so hard on people. And if you're joking, use a smiley. :)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

skyy406 said:

You have to understand that most of these guys on here cant spell anyway.... So it sounds right when they read it in their heads. LOL :elefant: :elefant: :rock: :rock:

if you stay N/A,,,488 is the shit -lots of in town driving-488
if you run red light to red light - 488
running 1/8 tracks-488
running the 1/4 mile- 410-456
if your going to bump up HP with power adders ,,,410 or 456 is better

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back