48RE rebuild

EODSRT-10 said:
UPDATE
Today it was 35 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Rolled on the high way and put it to the floor. Every gear shift was solid even overdrive! The shift points are 5100-5200 rpms which works out well for me since I haven't upgraded my internals yet. Dusty told me that changing it later wouldn't be an issue. This is my daily driver and we will see what happens over time.
I can’t say enough about this guy, from the first phone call to today, Dusty is all about getting us what we need and I think he has done it. Customer satisfaction, shipping, quality of his product (the dam tranny looked brand new), he even called me late the night I was installing it and walked me through the TV cable adjustment. I haven't had any experience with any of the other transmission vendors that I have heard about on here but from what I have experienced with Dusty I think we have a solid solution for the auto, but only time will tell.
Now once its gets a little warmer out I will lower her and post up some pics of the final product
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

pokeytemplar said:
It has been a few more months how is everything holding up and working out?

:dito: How is the tranny holding up? I had mine done by another tranny shop, and I have read this thread, it sounds like the same build but a little bit different. Just curios about how yours it holding up.:rock: :rock: :rock:

I bought a valvebody, 4.2 lever, HD Front band, and billet accumulator from Dusty. Has been in the truck for about 9,000 miles worth and is rock solid. I stuck with the stock clutches because I was not going FI. Dusty felt it would have been a waste.

What Dusty offers truly fixes these transmissions. Just replacing the solenoids is only hiding the problem.

Are you back bud?...Any updates?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back