48RE Transmission Problems

Just an update..
Turns out I was about 2 quarts low on tranny fluid. Filled it up to level and she drove fine for a few weeks then she started acting up again. Cleaned off the transmission speed sensor which wasn't really dirty at all but for some reason seemed to help. A few weeks go by and now it started acting up again.

Will it help to do a flush? I am trying to not have to rebuild the transmission because I though this was no longer an issue and had already spent some money on something is.:D

Last edited:
Resolution

Just an update for any of you.
Turns out it was time for a rebuild. Clutch materials were clogging everything up. Had the transmission rebuilt with racing bands and 2400 stall convertor at my local AAMCO shop. 10000+ miles later she's still pulling strong and chirping tires in second. Thank you all for the help and support you provided.

Just an update for any of you.
Turns out it was time for a rebuild. Clutch materials were clogging everything up. Had the transmission rebuilt with racing bands and 2400 stall convertor at my local AAMCO shop. 10000+ miles later she's still pulling strong and chirping tires in second. Thank you all for the help and support you provided.

Had mine rebuilt 3 times in 35K miles. Took it to Mike Kurtz at Century Automotive and Transmission in Richmond Texas at 48,000 miles. Just hit 133,000, never added fluid or adjusted the banks. I do not hammer down off the line that much but do run it hard through second and third when able. Mike is an expert.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back