48RE Upgrades from Dusty

SlvrSnake said:
Joe,

When you puttin yours on the road??
Should get the engine back in May sometime and back together with Dusty's tranny parts by June! :rock: And then new rear tires a week later,LOL!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Spoke with Dusty last night. I ordered the throttle body, the billet accumulator and spring for the other side of the accumulator (the 10's don't have them, but the diesels do.) I also ordered another govenor solenoid from him (he sells them for $55, dealer has them for over $100).

I am going to roll the dice on this fixing my issues as it will likely fix the shift timing issues that make these trannys eat the front clutch. It might not though because the front clutch could be set up too tight in which case the valve body will likely make it worse. If it doesn't fix it, I'll have to pull the tranny out and send it to him.

I have also modified my part thottle shift tables using the SCT Pro Racer tuning software. So far it has had no effect whatsoever. I have changed the values from extreme high to extreme low and the thing shifts exactly the same. According to Dusty, the govenor solenoid is the only eletronically adjustable device in the tranny, meaning that the rest of the tranny is purely mechanical. So, except for moving govenor pressure around and adjusting the the throttle valve, there is nothing else we can do to change the shift points without changing mechanical settings in the trans and valve body.

I wonder what the hell all those shift tables do? Seems to me that they do nothing -- maybe there are just there to tell the computer to set a code if it determines that the tranny is in the wrong gear.

Somebody send a big thank you to Dusty for me:rock: :rock:

I know i can be a big ass sometimes, but he has really come thru for you guys:rock: :rock: :rock:

Stinker said:
Somebody send a big thank you to Dusty for me:rock: :rock:

I know i can be a big ass sometimes, but he has really come thru for you guys:rock: :rock: :rock:

He has definitely come through for us and cares about what he is selling. Any consideration on making him a vendor here?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back