6-SPEED Trans fluid...

FastSRT19

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been told(and have seen here) to use Mobil 1 fully syn ATF in my T-56, but i had trouble finding it...but i did find B&M fully syn ATF "TRICK SHIFT" stuff. Bottle says "exceeds Dextron III requirements." Should I wait to find the Mobil 1 or Redline stuff or has anyone else used this stuff? :dontknow:

FastSRT19 said:
I've been told(and have seen here) to use Mobil 1 fully syn ATF in my T-56, but i had trouble finding it...but i did find B&M fully syn ATF "TRICK SHIFT" stuff. Bottle says "exceeds Dextron III requirements." Should I wait to find the Mobil 1 or Redline stuff or has anyone else used this stuff? :dontknow:
boomer says to change the stock tranny fluid to either redline or royal purple synthetic 75w90. DO NOT use ATF........
i remember posts that said tremec said to use synthetic atf....??:dontknow:

yup

i've heard conflicting things on this topic...tremec says to use Syn, Dodge says to replace with the same black sludge that's in it now:dontknow: I don't want to mess up my trans!

i use the factory fill Mopar Synthetic 75W-85 Manual Transmission Lubricant and add a bottle of the posi additive.. that additive helps for smooth shifting and doesnt void your warranty... if you add the atf it will void the warranty and is stated on the trans.. we had a bulletin years ago to add a bottle of the posi additive to help with shifting concerns and it works... its p/n
4318060ab.

TheMoparConnection said:
i use the factory fill Mopar Synthetic 75W-85 Manual Transmission Lubricant and add a bottle of the posi additive.. that additive helps for smooth shifting and doesnt void your warranty... if you add the atf it will void the warranty and is stated on the trans.. we had a bulletin years ago to add a bottle of the posi additive to help with shifting concerns and it works... its p/n
4318060ab
what's the cost on that robert ? is there an alternative to this dealer choice ?

only 8 bucks or so.. only get it at a dealer.. the friction modifier elsewhere is not the same

THANKS!

Thank you so much! I'll be going to my local dealer tomorrow i guess!
By the way, MoparConnection, do you sell those lowering blocks for the rear? I believe i saw something from you and your very nice alum. ones!:)

FastSRT19 said:
Thank you so much! I'll be going to my local dealer tomorrow i guess!
By the way, MoparConnection, do you sell those lowering blocks for the rear? I believe i saw something from you and your very nice alum. ones!:)
i sell both alum and steel. steve texas yellow sells the nice ones.

Ok lil buddy gonna jump in on mo time:D

this is personal preferance and you will get tons of reaction on this and personal opinions

stock fluid bad, poor shifting quality, just too thick.

mobil 1 atf good, better shifting, too thin, foams up too easy

redline D4 best, great shifting, med consistency, doesnt foam up or break down, and super with temps

and thats all folkes:elefant:

Stinker said:
Ok lil buddy gonna jump in on mo time:D

this is personal preferance and you will get tons of reaction on this and personal opinions

stock fluid bad, poor shifting quality, just too thick.

mobil 1 atf good, better shifting, too thin, foams up too easy

redline D4 best, great shifting, med consistency, doesnt foam up or break down, and super with temps

and thats all folkes:elefant:

i cant speak for that. but if stinker says it works it works!

TheMoparConnection said:
i cant speak for that. but if stinker says it works it works!

Up jumped the devil............!!!

That's quite a blanket recommendation............. :eek:

D

if you use a thicker fluid the shift characteristics will change, and the tolerances inside the trans were not made for that type of fluid. but in the end its more personal preference. P.S. i found for 99% of mobil 1 products..... wal mart has it. They where the only ones who had the mobil 1 turbo diesel when no one else had even heard of it.

westmintrans said:
if you use a thicker fluid the shift characteristics will change, and the tolerances inside the trans were not made for that type of fluid. but in the end its more personal preference. P.S. i found for 99% of mobil 1 products..... wal mart has it. They where the only ones who had the mobil 1 turbo diesel when no one else had even heard of it.

Wally world carrries everything:rock:

I have to ask , what is your take on the redline D4?

I have used it for a good while in my camaro, vette, and now the truck?

and always had excellent luck, and it always came out clean in a change?

I started with the stock Mopar fluid. No complaints, save for fairly stiff shifting when very cold (20F or lower). 5 minutes later, it's back to normal.
Changed it out at 10K to the Mobil1. So far, so good....even at low temps.
Next round I will do a bunch of research (here) and see what's been working for people.

Stinker said:
...in my camaro,...
I find it VERY hard to believe *YOU* had a Camaro.
:D :D :D

TheMoparConnection said:
4318060ab.
I'm anal, I use 2 bottles :rock:

:p :p :p

dood I love my royal purple 75w85, it made a night and day difference in shifting!

Mobil1 or Redline is the way to go.....no cold shifting issues, smoother overall shifts and better for the trans than OEM.

I have ran both.....

Per Tremec

Technical Questions

What type of lube is recommended for my TREMEC transmission?
The following types of lube are recommended:
TR-3550/TKO - GM Synchromesh or Dexron III
TR-3650/T-45/T-5 - Dexron III
T-56 (Ford and GM) - Dexron III
T-56 (Viper only) - Castrol Syntorque

SVTFreak said:
Per Tremec

Technical Questions

What type of lube is RECOMMENDEDfor my TREMEC transmission?
The following types of lube are RECOMMENDED:
TR-3550/TKO - GM Synchromesh or Dexron III
TR-3650/T-45/T-5 - Dexron III
T-56 (Ford and GM) - Dexron III
T-56 (Viper only) - Castrol Syntorque

Has anyone taken the time to notice certian words in Tremecs Q@A's?

1. To praise or commend (one) to another as being worthy or desirable; endorse: recommended him for the job; recommended a car instead of an SUV.
2. To make (the possessor, as of an attribute) attractive or acceptable: Honesty recommends any person.
3. To commit to the charge of another; entrust.
4. To advise or counsel: She recommended that we be on time. See Synonyms at advise.
v.intr.
To give advice or counsel: "recommended against signing an international agreement"

I cant find anywhere where it says "only use'' "damage WILL occur" "use nothing else" " does not work" "definitly" "the only acceptable"

SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO I would think you could use butter if ya wanted:D :p :D :D :D :D :D :elefant: :elefant:

elephants again:confused:

well Im not one to "buck" the system so I will conform to what Tremec "recommends"

Not that its a bad thing one way or the other. I know from experience this will cause great heartache in trying to get a claim proccessed. They will find any and every oppurtunity to reject anything out of the norm.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back