A/C blower motor

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I turn the fan switch to high it is makeing a rumbly hollow fan blowing sound ( best I can discribe it ) can only hear it on high,,,, A/C , Heater, climate switches all work properly,,,, it is coming from the passenger side and the sound is resonating through the the vents , Changing sound dierection Depending on which setting the switch is set to...Defrost,floor etc.... is the problem the blower motor or is there some other problem with this?????
Where can I get a goo deal on blower motor???

VIPR PWR said:
When I turn the fan switch to high it is makeing a rumbly hollow fan blowing sound ( best I can discribe it ) can only hear it on high,,,, A/C , Heater, climate switches all work properly,,,, it is coming from the passenger side and the sound is resonating through the the vents , Changing sound dierection Depending on which setting the switch is set to...Defrost,floor etc.... is the problem the blower motor or is there some other problem with this?????

I just had that fixed two month ago, your fan has eaten the air damn directional dam, "flapper valve", etc. Sounds like crap doesn't it, not bad on low speeds, but drive ya outta the truck on high. It's not the blower motor.

If you are "out of warranty" and want a quick fix just drop the blower motor (directly under the glove box) reach in and pull the "flapper" out through the blower motor hole (you may have to twist it around to get it out. Problem fixed but.........you will not be able to use the "recirculation" function. I have Never used recirc anyway. I know this because this is what I did to the wife's 06 2500.

heatertreater.net for a little bit more elegant fix, but each to their own! <smile>

OK Thanks ,,, After searching the SRT10 repair CD and not finding the information for some reason on the procedure ----How do I go about replacing the Flapper you guys mention???

You would have to pull the dash and replace the recirculation housing. If you search recirculation door on the CD it should come up with some info.

Great info HaroldD :rock: :rock:

Heatertreater.net ----Looks like they have the secret to the Recirc. door...the video on replacing it is definatly a eye opener and appears to be an easy repair/replacement of the door compared to the Dodge manual.....:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks Patrick:rock: :rock: :rock: ,,, I didn't even realize that the cd had a search function.... Found the info I was looking for :( what a pain in the ass it would be to follow those instructions for replacing the recirc. Door.

What does a new recirc. door cost from dodge and are they available... is there an upgraded version????...seems like they break all the time :mad:

I just had that fixed two month ago, your fan has eaten the air damn directional dam, "flapper valve", etc. Sounds like crap doesn't it, not bad on low speeds, but drive ya outta the truck on high. It's not the blower motor.

hi there sorry for banging this thread again to life. im doing quite a research because mine just quit working and the fan wouldn't work at any speed. my friend told me it was the resistor but as far as i can remember the culprit could only be the resistor if the fan works on hi speed. sorry i got confuse. oh there you go there are other resources in here.

:rock: Heatertreater.net alright let me read this one first :rock:

Mine broke too. Sucks!!! Just pulled the motor out and grabbed the 3 broken peices. How the hell do these things break? What a shitty design.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back