A/c line diagram

LowHangers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck finally only to find that it's missing the short piece of some type of hose that connects the low pressure line from the compressor to the firewall. Can somebody post a diagram of the lines and maybe a pic of it under the hood? I have a 05.

Can somebody please just post a picture of where the freon lines hook up to the firewall?

I don't have a picture but would recommend having an AC shop do the repairs for you. If the sealed refrigerant system is opened then the entire system has to be flushed and evacuated. If you just throw a new hose on and fill it with refrigerant you risk damaging the compressor and further contaminating the entire system. Some shortcuts cost more in the long run.

I don't have a picture but would recommend having an AC shop do the repairs for you. If the sealed refrigerant system is opened then the entire system has to be flushed and evacuated. If you just throw a new hose on and fill it with refrigerant you risk damaging the compressor and further contaminating the entire system. Some shortcuts cost more in the long run.

I agree, the system will hold a small quantity of oil as well, its very important that everything is done properly. Otherwise it will cost you way more than a hose at the end of the day.

The receiver drier also needs to be replaced since its been open to atmosphere for a period of time.

Thanks for the help and yes I'm a hvac guy so I know all about systems but thanks for the heads up on everything.

Can anybody give me the part number for the ac canister that attaches to the firewall? Please

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back