A/C problems continue... Help

viperpwred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ac stopped blowing 2 months back and finally able to get around to it.. The blower motor was seized and the blower motor resistor was blown. Replaced both parts and still... Nothing. Any thoughts????

I'll turn on my laptop and look at a wiring diagram

Take a test light put to ground turn key on and check the Pink/light green wire going to blower motor for power. Should have with key on.

If that is good take test light to power and check Dark blue/yellow for ground should change with each switch position on dash.

Let me know where that goes first.

Edit 2 fuses #23 10A and #32 10A go to heater controls

So I finally isolated the problem... The TIPM is fried.. And to my luck, probable the most expensive a/c related part lol.. I asked the dealer... They want $755 for the part... Tried to do a quick google on the part... Not much luck.
Any ideas where I can find the part cheaper?

viperpwred said:
So I finally isolated the problem... The TIPM is fried.. And to my luck, probable the most expensive a/c related part lol.. I asked the dealer... They want $755 for the part... Tried to do a quick google on the part... Not much luck.
Any ideas where I can find the part cheaper?

Are you sure it's fried ---read about a guy that took his apart, cleaned all the connections and reinstalled using some dielectric compound --- he said it work like a charm.:dontknow:

I dont think it Is either... I'll call them now... Are you interested in selling the tipm? Also what year hemi?

The Heater and AC unit should be the same as any other Ram 1500, try the local junk yard... Save a Ton of Cash and will get a 30 warranty from most of them... :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back