A few new engine bay pix - Coolant Overflow Tank painted

nice! did you scuff the tank? and did you leave a "window" so you could see the level?

SANCHOBA said:
nice! did you scuff the tank? and did you leave a "window" so you could see the level?

Nope,,, just made sure it was really clean. Rubbed it down with rubbing alcohol. It's holding up after about 200 miles. Time will tell. I used a high temp, high gloss, for plastic, black spray paint. Ran me about $5 for the can.
I didn't leave any window for the coolant level. I'll just take the cap off every now and then,,, look down the hole and I can see how much coolant is in there. I've never really seen the level in the tank fluxuate much (if at all in 2 years of ownership) so I'm sure I'll be fine.

It looks like you have a blacklight hooked up in there as well...I think thats what was asked earlier. How did you hook up the lighting??
Absolutely stunning by the way

Demon 8 said:
It looks like you have a blacklight hooked up in there as well...I think thats what was asked earlier. How did you hook up the lighting??
Absolutely stunning by the way

I had 2 long strips of very bright blue LED's installed on the inner part of my grille. They are hidden perfectly and the light points down to the engine bay. It acts as a black light and really makes my gloss red parts really pop at night.. The LED's are controlled by a single switch in the engine bay.

I watched one of those stupid tv shows (muscle car, trucks, something) once that did have an interesting segment that showed how the chrome pating comanies can actually plate plastic parts. Would this be something that could be done to the coolant tank? I dunno if it is the right 'type' of plastic or not. Sure would be cool though. I think they said they could do nickel as well.

I googled it. It was the 'classic cars' show. Pauls chrome plating did the segment. There are tons of place that will will chrome and/or nickel plate plastic parts, and apparantly several different processes are used.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back