A good decision.

sealalot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when I bought my viper truck, I was considering an 07 C6. I'm really glad I chose the truck. I started thinking about having both (A C6 and the truck) so I took an 07 C6 for a spin the other day. Uhhh. I dunno if I'm just used to my truck, but that Vette felt like shit compared to it. The first thing I noticed was how shitty the steering felt. Our trucks are A LOT tighter and much more responsive. The car just didn't seem like it was put together very well. It was fast as hell, but it was only a little faster than the truck to be honest.

For $50,000 I'd expect a lot more out of a sports car, and I'm happy with my decision. If I get anything else it'll be another SRT vehicle.

you made a killer decision bo:rock:

We got a C5 and she test drove a new C6 but while she loved it , she said there wasnt that much difference to spend the money for a new one.

and the fact she still likes the RC compared to the Vette:D

I think you made a good decision too...and you can take care of that "it was only a little faster than the truck to be honest" with a Roe/Paxton or maybe a set of striker heads...;)

sleeper said:
I guy here with a c6 said the top end speed is set at 168mph because of tires.

I told you Eric that the Garden Variety vettes arent good as our trucks

mauiSRT/10 said:
Upgrade your computor, delete those cats and your truck will blow away that vette!! Not much cash for a nice increase in power.

How is the D going along?

patrick

:dito: :dito: See Eric:rock:

again , i don't agree comparing the 2... how in the hell can you measure a sportscar with our trucks ? 1/4 time ? top speed ? handling ??? we must not exagerate ... the truck is fantastic quick for its weight , great to see and a panty dropper...:D and for me important : all that room inside the cabin... like a saloon...:p ;)
but... i can testify : driving to work on small , middle quality roads ... i can phone, drink ,smoke, have sex and read newspaper in my BMW650 , driving even faster then with the truck were all i can do is keping the steering wheel both hands and keep the beast on the road..... :eek: :D :D :D :D

now i do it 2 or 4 times a day , with both changing at least every week...

on the highway ? ok, done both enough now... 150 mph is scary FAST with the truck, with the BMW... yes, you get the idea .. looks fast.

What i mean , don't compare them .... ( think a C6 is like my BMW :dontknow: )

belgiumbarry said:
.......but... i can testify : driving to work on small , middle quality roads ... i can phone, drink ,smoke, have sex and read newspaper in my BMW650 , driving even faster then with the truck were all i can do is keping the steering wheel both hands and keep the beast on the road..... :eek: :D :D :D :D

on the highway ? ok, done both enough now... 150 mph is scary FAST with the truck, with the BMW... yes, you get the idea .. looks fast.

What i mean , don't compare them .... ( think a C6 is like my BMW :dontknow: )

Better man than me if you can do all that 2-4 times a day..:dontknow: ;) :D

hell i drove a Viper at the SRT Tack Experience and thought the truck did better than the car:rock: :rock: :rock:
went twice with the race car driver in the truck. that big beast in the hands of a pro is awesome:congrats: :rock: :congrats: :burnout: :rock: :marchmellow: :congrats: :rock: :marchmellow: :burnout:

belgiumbarry said:
again , i don't agree comparing the 2... how in the hell can you measure a sportscar with our trucks ? 1/4 time ? top speed ? handling ??? we must not exagerate ... the truck is fantastic quick for its weight , great to see and a panty dropper...:D and for me important : all that room inside the cabin... like a saloon...:p ;)
but... i can testify : driving to work on small , middle quality roads ... i can phone, drink ,smoke, have sex and read newspaper in my BMW650 , driving even faster then with the truck were all i can do is keping the steering wheel both hands and keep the beast on the road..... :eek: :D :D :D :D

You can phone, drink, smoke and have SEX 2 or 4 times a day while reading the newspaper WHILE DRIVING at 150 m.p.h. and you make "changes" at least every week!!??!!
Your laws aren't as strict as they are here in Canada. :)

ZCx said:
hell i drove a Viper at the SRT Tack Experience and thought the truck did better than the car:rock: :rock: :rock:
went twice with the race car driver in the truck. that big beast in the hands of a pro is awesome:congrats: :rock: :congrats: :burnout: :rock: :marchmellow: :congrats: :rock: :marchmellow: :burnout:

:confused: must have been a viper in bad shape...:confused: :D

correct me if i'm wrong... our truck pulls near 1G in corners , a sportscar 1.2..1.3...1.4 ..1.5 ?
I'm realistic : :D : look at all the specs for a good race-car ....our truck is the opposite :D :D :D except the strong engine ...:D :D ;)
I accept he's made for the straights and won't crash him trying to prove something in cornering.... :eek: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back