A MUST SELL '04 SUPERCHARGED 3700 MILES

Demon 8 said:
And Bikertat I am not trying to doubt you I just need the clubs help here being so far away and ready to make a GIANT leap. I am currently looking to buy a beater for $500 so I can sell the car and be in no rush.

No worries and I would be doing the exact same thing by having someone check it out first....if anyone would like to, just let me know and I will take the day off.....again Demon, no worries :)

bikertat said:
No worries and I would be doing the exact same thing by having someone check it out first....if anyone would like to, just let me know and I will take the day off.....again Demon, no worries :)

Where is Danville?

Prof & wheredwhogo live in Ill. I think:dontknow:

BurntRubber said:
Where is Danville?

Prof & wheredwhogo live in Ill. I think:dontknow:

Danville is located east central IL...right on the border of IL and IN....I am an hour due west of Indianapolis, IN and about 2.5 hours south of Chicago...

bikertat said:
Danville is located east central IL...right on the border of IL and IN....I am an hour due west of Indianapolis, IN and about 2.5 hours south of Chicago...

TTT....so how is around this area?

BurntRubber said:
TTT....so how is around this area?

Sorry to sound dumb, but what does "TTT" stand for?:eek:

YOU ALL WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!:mad: I just took the truck out to pick my daughter up from volleyball camp and I think the rack (power steering) just went out on my truck:mad: :dontknow: . I took it to the local garage guy (Chevy God btw) and he is going to get me another one so he can put it in. I called my Dodge stealership and I explained to them about the situation and what I had done to the truck, mods, etc. And the a**hole told me that they probably wouldn't cover it cause of my mods:mad: ..... So I'm not even going to mess with the stealership....anyways, Boomer had stated problems with my rack when he had it down at his shop, but it never gave me problems....but Tom (the garage man -- great guy and loves HP and racing) said he would get the rack in ASAP and install it for no charge for me.....hope this doesn't scare anyone away.... I'm in shock:dontknow: .....but I know it will be fixed.......

BTW burntrubber, there is really nothing around here :), I live outside the city limits, so I'm in a pretty quiet area..

Have you noticed any pressure buildup after installing the evac system. I have heard of those causing your seals to leak

Demon 8 said:
Have you noticed any pressure buildup after installing the evac system. I have heard of those causing your seals to leak

Nope, no problems at all....I talked to Tom again and he thinks the rack was bad from the get go...so all should be good with the new one :)

BurntRubber said:
TTT = to the top...aka...bump

Now I feel kinda dumb...thanks

Doing a lot of reading on Crankcase evac systems and there are many pro's and cons. Also checking the accusump...I believe a member on here lost his engine and blames the system. Not saying I am not interested just learning about your mods. Where you going for a hp gain or trying to stop back pressure into the crankcase with the extra boost

Demon 8 said:
Doing a lot of reading on Crankcase evac systems and there are many pro's and cons. Also checking the accusump...I believe a member on here lost his engine and blames the system. Not saying I am not interested just learning about your mods. Where you going for a hp gain or trying to stop back pressure into the crankcase with the extra boost

FYI...there are plenty of Vipers with GenIII running paxtons with thousands of miles. AZpyroguy had one on his QC with no problems. The engine will last.
I think 1fast400 blamed the accusump...but we dont know for sure...maybe he can post up about it:D

Demon 8 said:

I wish I can answer your question, but I know absolutely nothing about mechanics of vehicles......I do know that the truck is not boosted very high (from what I have been told -- like 5 lbs, if that makes sense). I only have 3,804 miles on the truck and I have never raced the truck....of course I have gotten "on it" a few times, but you kinda can't help it :D .....

BurntRubber said:
FYI...there are plenty of Vipers with GenIII running paxtons with thousands of miles. AZpyroguy had one on his QC with no problems. The engine will last.
I think 1fast400 blamed the accusump...but we dont know for sure...maybe he can post up about it:D

:dito: ..I just think 1fast400 and Gary (Boomer) didn't get along so 1fast400 blamed Boomers installs.....:dontknow:

Again not being critical and I am no mechanic but I think it is important to learn what your mods are doing for your or potentially my truck. I hope other members will jump in here. The crankcase evac kit is from my understanding a stronger pcv valve. When you boost a vehicle the standard valve may experiance blowby pressuring your crankcase (not good) The evac system again from what I understand stops this from happening (good) The problem can be that the crankcase now cant vent due the new valve and you build up pressure in the crankcase from blow by and heat. I am seeing people putting in vacuum systems to rectify this but keeping the pressure where it should be can be tricky. I am simply trying to learn here and will try to find more answers to my question. By the way all this research means I am closer to being able to make a move ;)

Demon 8 said:
Again not being critical and I am no mechanic but I think it is important to learn what your mods are doing for your or potentially my truck. I hope other members will jump in here. The crankcase evac kit is from my understanding a stronger pcv valve. When you boost a vehicle the standard valve may experiance blowby pressuring your crankcase (not good) The evac system again from what I understand stops this from happening (good) The problem can be that the crankcase now cant vent due the new valve and you build up pressure in the crankcase from blow by and heat. I am seeing people putting in vacuum systems to rectify this but keeping the pressure where it should be can be tricky. I am simply trying to learn here and will try to find more answers to my question. By the way all this research means I am closer to being able to make a move ;)
I dont think anyone is going to question otyu doing research, its probably more that we all know the trucks more and have know that this truck is top notch. if they had the money there isnt one person on this forum that would not buy this truck. I have my viper for sale to pick this thing up.

Demon 8 said:

Oh, please be critical, because if I was gonna make a purchase, I would be also...and you are right about needing to know what your mods do and will not do, but I just never understood it :eek: . I'm sure, and I hope someone will chime in here, cause I know alot of people on here know of Boomers work and will know what his installs are like.....so anyone reading this...chime in:D

I would also like to state, if someone comes to look at the truck and happens to find a fault....please, by all means, speak up and tell me.....I will correct any issues (if there are any, but I doubt there is). Thanks

I have heard the same about his work. I appreciate the fact you know where I am coming from on this....geesh are you and burnt brothers or something burnt you are pushing me more than biker LOL ;)

BurntRubber said:
I dont think anyone is going to question otyu doing research, its probably more that we all know the trucks more and have know that this truck is top notch. if they had the money there isnt one person on this forum that would not buy this truck. I have my viper for sale to pick this thing up.

Then I wish they would chime in and tell me about the evac system and more on the accusump. I have to believe people are viewing this heavily and not chiming in for one reason or another

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back