A story about one of the AWSOME vendors we have here

ViperPowa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes me proud we have such great Vendors here.

I was at the store last night and ran into my friend who runs a first gen (71-74) Corolla w/ a turboed 3tc. Got talking about his latest runs at the track and he told me he ordered brand new slicks from Summit racing. They cost him almost $700 with express shipping so he could be racing on the upcomming weekend. He get's the tires in before the weekend and is stoked, but when he took the tires down to get them mounted and balanced on his rims they discovered something was wrong with them. Guys at the shop couldn't even balance them because they had a bad flat spot. Seems like they were sitting on a rack too long, theres an obvious flat spot like it was resting on a bar and there was weight over the tires. He calls up Summit, tells them about the problem, even asks if they can work something out to where he can ship the tires back to them outa his own pocket and they ship undamaged ones back outa thiers. They basically tell him he's SOL, there's nothing they can do, and the tires are brand new. So he paid almost $700 for warped tires. Well he figures he can try and do a big burnout to see if the heat might make them reform. At the dragstrip he does a big burnout, launches, no traction with the recommended PSI. Lowers PSI, big burnout again, no traction in 1st, gets traction in second, 3rd gear the tires have no traction. All night long no matter what he did he couldn't get them to hook, and his turbo wasn't even making boost cause his turbo went bad, and the tires still sucked. They even put the car up on stands nail it in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and the tires shimmy like hell. Used a stationary marker and when the tire spins, it clears the marker then one flat spot on both tires nail the marker.

So this week he found out about M/H racemasters, calls them up and talks to John, puts an order in for thier slicks.

Now this next part of the story I'm not exactly sure about the exact details, but there was a small problem since when he put the order in, the computer showed they had it in stock, but there was a list of customers waiting for the same slicks and by the time they had the guys on the list in front of my friend taken care of the were no more tires.

Now this part of the story I am sure of. John felt bad for what Summit did to my friend, so he tells my friend you know what, since when you ordered them it showed we had it in stock, I'll send out the next pair of slicks I can express shipping, and I'll eat the cost for the express shipping, you just pay the regular shipping. So my friend got a pair of slicks from John, expressed shipping for half of what it cost from Summit. He couldn't be happier with the customer service from John, and he told me John went waaaay out of his way to get my friend slicks so he could race this weekend.

John, I always knew you were a stand up guy, and I tell ya when my friend told me this story it really stuck in my mind. Now I'm sorry for the long story, but no good deed like this should go un-noticed. The express shipping for each tire woulda cost my friend like 170 bucks or something, each, but John shipped it express for only 37 bucks a tire, so roughly 266 bucks knocked off.

Me and my friend know allot of people in the old school Toyota and VW racing scene here, you bet your ass all our friends and thier friends will know about this great kind of customer service, and I shit you not John just picked up a few more customers here. My friend already told me he will only go to John now for tires, no where else, and I will be ordering the M/H DR's as soon as I can afford them and rims for them, and now our other friend is gonna go with M/H when his existing slicks are worn out.

John, you don't need to be from Hawaii to have Aloha, and you have it. Big mahalonuiloa from all of us in Hawaii to you John!

most excellent:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

First of all, SCREW SUMMIT!! They lost a lot of customers doing what they did. :dontknow: Secondly, who in the Haleakalā is John?

don't be bashful. tell us how ya really feel.

my guess would be John is at M&H

watch out for them squirrels

Yeah, I totally didn't expect that out of Summit mostly cause their so big. That's the first time I heard of a company like them saying too bad, you're SOL, you bought the tires as is, and refused to compromise when they were at fault for sending a bad product. They seemed to think nothing was wrong with the tires since they were new.

John aka SlicksMH, with M/H racemasters. Great customer service!

John at M&H Antnee, He is a great guy and always willing to help, have talked to him several times.

Thank You guys for the kind words. :rock:

SlicksMH

Ohhhh, THAT John. Okay, well now I know who to contact with I am in the market for some new slicks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back