AC Help

shade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my AC recharged about 6 months ago and the dealer said everything was fine.

Now thats its super hot in AZ I am wondering if this is normal.

Let the truck sit overnight and in the morning (10 am - 90 degrees) when I first start the truck ac cools very quickly and blows cold about 48 degrees while moving.
Drive around for a bit and then let it sit for an hour or so. It takes forever for the AC to blow cold again. I have those AC vent thermometers but it takes like 20 minutes for the AC to blow 55 degrees again and it doesnt get as cold as when I first started the truck.
Is this normal?

Any ideas

Not normal. My black RC cools down enough that after 15 min here in Phx, during hottest part of the day, I can turn the fan down to II and the cab stays cool. III if driving directly into the sun.

i am in palm springs and these are the same symptons i am having ... I have considered telling them to replace the ac under warranty because the recharge only worked for like 3 months . Also is there a really funky smell when you turn on your ac for the first time of the day ?

chuck your right keep your fan speed down and it will cool faster. i alos live in phoenix and never have my fan speed at IIII. my habbits are drive with fan speed on III till i feel it start to cool me then i set the fan speed to I. i am one of thoes crazy people that dont mind the heat eather.

I had the same problem. I installed an auxillary electric fan and now I enjoy ice cold air in South Florida.

Chuck B said:
Not normal. My black RC cools down enough that after 15 min here in Phx, during hottest part of the day, I can turn the fan down to II and the cab stays cool. III if driving directly into the sun.

I should add that mine was not acceptable when new from the showroom floor. I must have taken it into the dealer 4x before I (Dodge) got it working as it is now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back