Ac pump vs older pumps

58lymouth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can use a 05 viper ac pump on the older 60s ac units or will I blow things all to heck?

Thanks in advance

Do I smell someone putting a Viper engine in a 1958 Plymoth? As long as the system is in good shape (new hoses&nothing rusted) I don't see a problem. The system will most likely be converted to R134A anyway seeing R12 was $600 a pound last time I checked.

The amount of freon used will be much less. I'd update all o rings, dryer, and pull a good vacuum on old system.

should be no prob. pressures are bout the same.

would have to find an adaptor or a good a/c hose shop to hook up the lines to the compressor. goin from a high mount a/c compressor to a low mount, probably longer hoses.

don't forget to make sure whatever fan set up your goin to use for the condensor will kick in before the lines start to blow

The amount of freon used will be much less. I'd update all o rings, dryer, and pull a good vacuum on old system.

would not hurt to find an R134 expansion valve also.

hopefully the dryer is on the outlet side of the condensor with a sight glass, helps when fillin the system:rock:

The dryers have a desiccants pack inside. I think that's spelled right. Anything with a lot of age should get a new one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back