add another to the list....

fastbill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

l know l'm pretty unknown here on the forums, but some know my truck. l bought it early last year from a member in the Chicago area, and was primarily built by another member prior to him. l have run into several signifigant financial hurdles, that have developed quickly into brick walls, and it unfortunately appears that my only means of lessening any certain damage is to sell my truck. l am more than willing to go into more detail as to my troubles, but it is unnecessary.
The truck is an 04 RC. Right now it has 17,2xx miles. lt is in impeccable shape. Certainly has the very typical rockchips scattered around, but nothing else of any signifigance. l clay-barred(?) the truck about two months ago, and it still looks like glass. Washed by hand, waxed with Meguires NXT Tech wax, and polished with Turtle Wax Ice synthetic products. Has never seen rain or snow under my watch. Interior is immaculate.
The list of mods is long and impressive. Everything and anything installed is only top notch stuff. Internals are stock, other than cam. Has the X-Metal polished Paxton kit with an 8lb pulley, with a custom air to water cooler mounted out front, and DC Perf air intake. Centerforce clutch, with a true GTS Viper slave cylinder. JMB's hard upper and lower radiator pipes. Stinker's braided oil line kit, Optima RedTop, X-Metal TB, complete Billy Boat exhaust system consisting of long tube headers, high flow cats/mids, full 3" duals to rear, with electric dumps after the mids. Hit the button on the console, and go from smooth and sexy sounding, to just plain snotty and pissed off in a few seconds. You like the gurgling and popping with your exhaust? You should hear it on my truck, esp with the dumps open. With exhaust closed, truck sounds nothing like a V-10, either. Sounds much more like a V-8. DC Perf did most of the work, from what l understand, and it is their upgrade in the computer. Has X-Metal drop kit, CalTracs, aluminum rear diff cover, custom black vinyl striping, painted power Cal-Vu mirrors, BedRug. Three gauge pillar pod, boost(with adj. warning light), fuel press and oil temp, Raptor shift light, stock radio with Navi. Upgraded JL sub w/ JL amp with boost level knob on dash. Old school Hurst shifter knob on a B&M shifter. Custom floor mats with embroidered logos, billet door inserts and door sills. Comes with custom cover as well.
Truck runs incredibly well. Not even a hiccup out of her, no codes ever. l run about 7 or 8 gallons of 100 octane unleaded (Cam2 GT) and then top it off with Sunoco 93. l've changed the oil 4 times in less than 2000 miles, and only using Mobil 1 15/50. Battery is put on a trickle charger whever it's parked, as l don't get to drive it too often. l've driven it three times on trips over 250 miles without even thinking about it. l know everyone is going to ask about forging, etc. l bought it with the understanding this would need to be done to provide more security in keeping the engine together. l was told the cam was designed to work with the Paxton, l guess with some overlap to not create the extreme high cylinder pressures typically seen. l'm sorry, but l do not know the exact numbers of anything, etc, but was told it was dyno'd at over 700. She pulls incredibly hard through second and third, and by fourth the real estate is running out extremely fast. l'm sure there is more to know, more to list.

l'm asking $33k. lt certainly may sound high, but start factoring in some of the bolt ons, and they add up very quick. Please don't flame me on here; l know very well that it is high, and you never recoup your money invested, etc, etc. l'm in a very bad bind, and need $$ quickly. l bought her last year with money l inherited from my Father's passing, but some other situations have come up that force me to do this. l don't have any other options available. She'll probably be going on eBay soon. Maybe l'll get lucky with one of those overseas tycoons with beaucous cash...

My name is Bill, l can be directly reached at (516) 220-8568 with any and all questions, and for more pics, or requests for specific pics or details. l'm on Long Island in New York. Several East guys have seen the truck and can attest to the sound and looks of her. l know AVMech, Prof, and GotRidOfTheHemiForThis are familiar with her as well.

Attachments

• Aug 2009 130.JPG
    Aug 2009 130.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Aug 2009 136.JPG
    Aug 2009 136.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Aug 2009 134.JPG
    Aug 2009 134.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 96
Thats a beautiful truck Bill, i hate to hear your situation, good luck with the sale and all you troubles...

Thanks guys. SRTBrad, I certainly agree. I bought it from a member who was in some trouble as well, so I got a pretty good deal. Not looking to profit; actually taking a sizeable hit, but this seems to be my only, albeit worst, option to at least start me on my way out of my dire straits...

I think this is Randy's old truck...it is a beauty and has had wonderful work done on it.

Hope someone here picks it up...this was a runner for sure and it was cared for like a child...

Good luck with the sale, sorry you have decided to unload it...this one is a keeper.

I know this truck and have seen its perfection in person. Bill, I hope you are able to work out your present issues and hold onto her.

Was wondering where you have been. Either way, good luck with the sale and I hope things turn around for you soon.

Good luck with your situation Bill.
I have seen this truck and I can say Bill speaks the truth regarding the condition

Wow Bill ....... I'm bummed Buddy, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Good luck to you and the wife on the sale. I'll be talkin it up for ya for certain. A Beautiful Truck somebody is getting a deal no matter how you look at it.

Jim

shit, that sucks. i hope you find a way to keep it. i would hate to not see you this year if/when we have a NE GTG.
i liked meeting you last time, and your super clean truck. i hate to see bad things happen to good people. everyone
is feeling the pinch the past two years. I (mr negative) can not say one bad thing about this truck, its worth far more
then what he is asking. i hope to see him find a way to keep it, however if your thinking of buying it, i would not hesitate.

P4260004.jpg

going to miss you if you go.

Thanks for the kudos, guys. got a big problem going on with settling my Dad's Estate. Nothing to air out on the forum, but would be happy to detail with a pm... truck is apparently definitely going to have to go, unless some crazy-ass form of Karma kicks in super quick....
Prof, this is Randy's truck, that l then bought from Mike, so you are correct, and it still looks and runs just as good.

Although It kills me i'm a bit short of the price to buy this back, guys this truck is perfect someone who really has a love for a fast, loud, mean truck needs to really pick this thing up! Would really like to see another member here pick her up not some idiot kid who's gonna total this thing in the first week he buys it:( .
But Bill needs to sell come on guys help him out.

Dammit bill you had to post this up for sale on my birthday;)

Mike out and Saving as quick as I can to bridge the gap lol:D :elefant: :D
you wanna accept payments I figure 1 dollar a month for 2750 months:D :aetsch: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back