Adding of switches and location

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to add two switches, line lock and activation for my AMS-2000. I cant seem to find any switches that I like, what have you all done?

Zombie lights! !!

It would be cool if you could do your own wording, my phone doesn't show the whole site, maybe they do? ?

I need to add two switches, line lock and activation for my AMS-2000. I cant seem to find any switches that I like, what have you all done?

I've made a switchplate for our nitrous systems that discretely hides the your ashtray. Push ashtray door, it flips down exposing switches. Can close after for stock appearance..just an option you could use. Has two switches and a momentary switch used for purge setup but believe you can use thatvtype for a line lock as well.

I've made a switchplate for our nitrous systems that discretely hides the your ashtray. Push ashtray door, it flips down exposing switches. Can close after for stock appearance..just an option you could use. Has two switches and a momentary switch used for purge setup but believe you can use thatvtype for a line lock as well.

Any chance you have any pictures of this installed?

Hi, i connected my line lock to the Airbag switch in the dash for the co-driver.

If you have, you can also use switches from your mirror.
Like mine hidden and fully stock looking.

Isn't that chime annoying as hell?

Ah ha, the joy of being deaf. :chain: Crapola, I can't even hear the turn signal chiming---the bride has to tell me else it goes on forever. Use bluetooth ear buds for music as the radio will not go loud enough for me to hear above the open cut outs. :dontknow:

On the Hemi I have 2 switches in the overhead console, between the dome lights, 2 switches on the black below the gauges on the left side, and 4 in a line on the lower left side of the drop down panel under the steering wheel.
20150304_202823.jpg

and for the SRT, one drilled into the black plastic under the gauges on the left side, one hidden between the plastic and column, and 2 mounted behind the drop down panel.
20150304_202714.jpg

Thanks guys, Scott I like the concealed concept of in the ash tray but it appears like they might be clumbsy to switch. It almost appears from the video like they are in the back, which makes them under the dash in a sense.

When I want to switch the line lock off it has to be thoughtless and just happen. The crappy switches that Hurst sends with the line locks that slip over the shifter with a rubber band idea is ideal as far as function goes, but they are ugly and make a heck of a rattling sound when the truck is running.

How about a button hidden in the shifter. You could use a second toggle switch in the ashtray to arm the button whenever you thought you might be using it and activate the line lock with the button.

https://www.hotrodhotline.com/hurst-shifters-nitro-stick

This is interesting....

I plan to buy the S1 shifter once they ever return my emails, which has a load sensing shift knob to cut out ignition so it wont work with my future plans. Although it is a nice looking option.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back