ADVICE on truck for sale

lamia2super

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think this Ram SRT10 is a good buy? its on autotrader ID: AT-FC1EB6B

Do any of you know anything about it?

i was going to offer 21k or 19k. when i test drove it ran good, but i think their was something wrong when i was going to engage it in gear. I'm going to ask to drive the silver one they have to make sure that gearing thing isn't just my imagination.

Check the clutch...drive at 50 mph...in 5th gear. Stomp on the throttle...if it is all go, the clutch is probably good. If the engine rev's and not much go...then the clutch is going out. Many of us with RC's replace the clutch early (between three and 12k) along with the Slave and Master Cyl. We put in the Viper billet parts to get rid of the plastic junk...most go with a CenterForce replacement.

lamia2super said:
i was going to offer 21k or 19k. when i test drove it ran good, but i think their was something wrong when i was going to engage it in gear. I'm going to ask to drive the silver one they have to make sure that gearing thing isn't just my imagination.
Planet dodge is outta control with the pricing....they had a red one a while back that sat there for months..i drove and almost bought but they didn't want to wheel and deal so I went to Carmax where they had an even better deal...

lamia2super said:
Do you guys think this Ram SRT10 is a good buy? its on autotrader ID: AT-FC1EB6B

Do any of you know anything about it?
personally, that truck should be had for ~$17k........ pm whitesnake, he has a CE for sale...... :)

moparracing said:
personally, that truck should be had for ~$17k........ pm whitesnake, he has a CE for sale...... :)

he wants a lot for his and i want something stock and cheap with low miles

I got mine for a lot less then that with 34xxx on it. Mine also has a cover on it. If you like it go for it. I got really lucky with mine, the guy had a kid starting college in a couple months and needed cash bad

just my $.02... l've found that when cold, mine is a little picky getting into and shifting gears; nothing drastic, but def smoother when warmed up.

Back