After 1 Week and 2000 Miles Top Ten Ram SRT Observations.

thunderaudio

Reaction score
So after the trip from Texas to new york and driving into NJ and all over
the tri state area these are some of the things I have noticed about
my new ride. They are not good or bad just things.

1. You can downshift from 6th to 2nd at 60 mph and still have plenty of rpm left. This is just amazing and not normal.
2. When you tell people what you bought nobody knows wtf you are talking
about except other petrol heads or pickup truck owners.
3. It can have the ability to make both fuel and tread evaporate at an
alarming rate.
4. It has a wing, so loading a small palate of bricks was interesting...
5. The look on your tire installers face when you tell him you need snow
tires. Then he proceeds to quote you new rims and tires.....
6. Spoiled by German Headlights on my X5 and need to upgrade on the ram now.
7. Truck does not seem to like NYC potholes and our rough roads.
8. My neighbor eyes me in the morning because I back the truck down my long narrow driveway at 2am sometimes.
9. Everyone wants a ride. And nothing but dudes ask questions. Women are
unfazed by the truck and seem annoyed by their boyfriends interest in the truck and not them.
10. 80% of all questions will start with "How is the fuel economy?" WTF!! it's a full size pickup with an 8 liter viper engine are you brain dead!

Yeah always the MPG...........then you tell them and they start laughing at you. as they get back in thier honda................... :)

miles per gallon hogwash:blah,blah,blah,dude I like your observations,very candid,that truck got a hemi?that one is my favorite:D pot holes suck and rough roads suck,love new paved highways they are fun,sounds like you like the viper ram,good choice :rock:

I drove one from Conneticut to FL and got held up for 2 1/2 hours in traffic by the George Washington bridge and almost ran myself out of gas idling!!!! Then I proceeded to leave a really nice V-10 Carbon Footprint all the way to FL ( If someone worries about economy these are definately the wrong vehicle for them)

My 10 Cents good post :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout:

MPG , and That truck got a hemi . My most frequent questions asked .

. . . . You didn't have strange (hot) women throwing panties at you???? :confused:

You must have gotten a red truck then . . . . ! :D :D :D

FerrariTruck said:
does it waste alot a gas??? yes, why yes it does
No it s not a waste!!!! ( Its a necessary consumtion thing to keep these moving);)

Every frigin time I go to the Dodge dealership, the service writers make fun of my truck because of the gas usage. I always tell them the same thing.....Didn't buy it for the gas, I bought it to haul ass (and other shit too but mainly ass and asses). I told a guy once what kind of truck I had (at the parts store) and he said oh okay what size is the engine (he was typing on his computer) I said you know the 8.3 liter viper motor. He says "HOLY SHIT, that has a V10? 505 ci?? Daaaaammmmmnnnn. Can I go look at it? LMAO. I love the reactions. Hell I get a discount on my oil now thanks to him:proud: :rock:

moparracing said:
i always get the "what's it cost to have the viper engine installed ??" most just don't get it........ :dontknow:
howd ya shoehorn that thing in there:rock:

Roz-SRT said:
. . . . You didn't have strange (hot) women throwing panties at you???? :confused:

You must have gotten a red truck then . . . . ! :D :D :D

Yeah they throw thier panties at me and they are still in them!! Chicks love red trucks.Hey lets buy a black one like everyone else.Nice choice :D :D

When people ask me "That thing got a Hemi" I just love telling them..No this thing doesn't even have a damn V8, It wasn't available on this model!! :dontknow:
The looks on their faces is priceless when I fire it up.

My wife keeps asking me to get a sticler for the rear window:

Menu
Breakfast - Ford Lightening
Lunch - Chevy Cyclone
Dinner - Hemi

when someone ask you how much milage do you get.......just look at them and say YOU WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND becasue they dont. that is my answer all the time.

For the mpg question I think I will just either outright lie" 30 mpg same as a midsize sedan" or tell them I work for exxon and fill up daily at the plant :)

Just had to buy a new battery for the truck. Guy behind the counter asks "What for?" I said 05 Dodge Ram. He starts typing away on the computer and moving the cursor down to the Ram 1500. I could see that the SRT-10 was the next item down so when he stopped on the 1500 I said "One more". He starts with this "Oh you've got the Viper motor, nothing but the best for you." I just smiled and said Yeap.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back