After twisting wifey's arms...

twincharge7

Reaction score
I changed her mind so I can get my dream truck!! Well, the plan was to get a house and all of our friends said, "Get a truck, you'll need it!" And she didn't know that this wouldn't be a regular pickup truck :rock: Then, she asked, "why's it so EXPENSIVE???" I said, "First, we only buy a truck once in a lifetime. Second, the newer ones will be less costly to maintain and this won't be daily driven. Third, we won't have to pay for transporting your stuff/furniture you want for your new house". Remember, the key words "your furnitures...your house"!!!! :D She responded, "Ahhhh...you're such a planner!" Then to conclude, "can I transport the R1 with the truck for track days?". She had such a big smile when she answered, "Sure". Then, I had a boner!:ridinghorse:

Welcome to the VTCoA! Post up some pics of the truck.

Wait till you have to buy the house and furniture, after she realizes that you "tricked" her!!!! Boy oh boy are you gonna pay!! LMAO

I changed her mind so I can get my dream truck!! Well, the plan was to get a house and all of our friends said, "Get a truck, you'll need it!" And she didn't know that this wouldn't be a regular pickup truck :rock: Then, she asked,:ridinghorse::ridinghorse: "why's it so EXPENSIVE???" :dancing2::dancing2:I said, "First, we only buy a truck once in a lifetime. Second, the newer ones will be less costly to maintain and this won't be daily driven. Third, we won't have to pay for transporting your stuff/furniture you want for your new house". Remember, the key words "your furnitures...your house"!!!! :D She responded, "Ahhhh...you're such a planner!" Then to conclude, "can I transport the R1 with the truck for track days?". She had such a big smile when she answered, "Sure". Then, I had a boner!:ridinghorse:

howdy & welcome to the RBC.

thats the same thing my insurence co. said, lmao:mad:

Welcome! Take your wife for a ride in the beast and let her feel why it's better than buying a new house! :rock:

I had the same problem with my wife so i just got a divorce lol

Welcome!

Thank you all! It's time to read advantages and disadvantages factors of the truck from this forum.

Last edited:
Wait till you have to buy the house and furniture, after she realizes that you "tricked" her!!!! Boy oh boy are you gonna pay!! LMAO

mmhhh...Thank you for the warning but based on past history, she wouldn't notice too much. You all guys/husbands, know how long you have to wait for your wives/girlfriends to appreciate what you all do on their cars! Check this out....When I replaced her M3 wheels from:

A5B31B42-5B76-497B-A908-F6260E6EC368-3114-000002929DB84A63.jpg

TO HERE:

B81E2A73-D836-4D55-A013-7ECD7F0A243E-3114-0000029154B70D03.jpg

She asked me, "did you change anything on my M3?". That's after thirty days...that's A MONTH!!! For a few seconds :dontknow: My brain couldn't remember what I did on her M3 and BOOOM, it just hit me....I tried as hard as I could not to laugh.

Great job convincing your wife. She wants her hubby to be happy so I suppose that was her satisfaction seeing your enthusiasm for what you really wanted (Just be glad you didn't buy one brand new with the price they were). Besides, there will always be houses to acquire. Welcome to the RBC. Hold on tight and don't feed the animals.

I had to put on the show for my wife when I bought my first one...imagine the negotiating skills it took to buy the 2nd and kicked her brand new Chrysler 300 out of the garage. I'm sure she wants to :chain: me. But now I have my CE that I have wanted since day one! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back