aftet sitting for 5 years...

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i got tired of looking at my old 56 benz on the side of the house yesterday so i thought i'd try to get it fired up. all i really had to do was put a new fuel line on it and drop a battery in, the brakes are going to have to be totally re-done though. took a quick vid for yall.

It'll be worth it once you get her all fixed up. My father-in-law has a '56 Benz that he keeps immaculate. It really is a joy to drive.

That was.....
easyb-button.jpg

day 2 wasn't quiet so easy, having to take the rear end out to put all new seals in it cause the one in the center started leaking. only have one bolt left holding the rear end in but i don't have a wrench big enough to fit the damn thing(like a 30 or 32mm) so it'll have to wait till tommorrow. the car felt pretty peppy with 5 people and a trunk full of spare parts when we drove it though. and no brakes are fun:D

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
day 2 wasn't quiet so easy, having to take the rear end out to put all new seals in it cause the one in the center started leaking. only have one bolt left holding the rear end in but i don't have a wrench big enough to fit the damn thing(like a 30 or 32mm) so it'll have to wait till tommorrow. the car felt pretty peppy with 5 people and a trunk full of spare parts when we drove it though. and no brakes are fun:D

You don't need no stinkin brakes!:D :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back