Air conditioning problem

i found mine woks best at about 2500rpm... If I drive @ lower rpm it wont get cold...

AZBLACKMONSOON said:
My 06 QC is also blowing warm air out of pass side vents. But if i move the temp. selector switch back and forth, warm side and back to cold a few times it starts blowing cold. Must be a problem with the switch.

Mine does that too sometimes.. seem to be a vacuum issue with those of our that are supercharged...

a lot of these trucks came with low freon. i had my shop pull a vacuum on mine and it cools better now, passenger side vents are always a little warmer than drivers side, sounds like a flaw in the ac system.

JAX RAM had the same problem with his truck, said he could fix it by turning it on a certain way, hopefully he will chime in and explain. Something to do with a door opening in the system!!

I have a blower on mine and it still puts out really cold air!! Both sides.:dontknow:

Vacuum registers at 13 during idle and about 18 when decelerating.

I checked at work today and the guys are right,we had one with a
switch concern and a few with blend door problems.On dual zone air,the
blend door is split and for some reason the passenger side binds up.
This problem is not just related to srts,but all rams.this is the most I have
heard of this problem.If it is the door it could get pricey,since the entire dash assy has to be removed.If your out Warr.,check on some kind of extended plan.I hope I was some help.

I had the AC concern before installing the blower and don't have an issue with the passenger side AC vents. I guess I'll be buying an auxilary fan. Thanks again for all the feed back.

1qksrt said:
I checked at work today and the guys are right,we had one with a
switch concern and a few with blend door problems.On dual zone air,the
blend door is split and for some reason the passenger side binds up.
This problem is not just related to srts,but all rams.this is the most I have
heard of this problem.If it is the door it could get pricey,since the entire dash assy has to be removed.If your out Warr.,check on some kind of extended plan.I hope I was some help.

yeah I do alot of those. manual says you have to remove dash but you dont. this concern will not cause a non-cooling issue but an issue where air does not blow hard through the vents.

TheMoparConnection said:
yeah I do alot of those. manual says you have to remove dash but you dont. this concern will not cause a non-cooling issue but an issue where air does not blow hard through the vents.

There is a recall for this... I forgot what the number was.. but it took them about 2 hours fix mine... mine sounded like a helicopter taking off when you turned the air on before they fixed it...

Mine just died again... after 4 days of working fine after a recharge... so I am going to pick up a leak detection kit tonight and see if I can see where the leak is coming from.....

azpyroguy said:
Mine just died again... after 4 days of working fine after a recharge... so I am going to pick up a leak detection kit tonight and see if I can see where the leak is coming from.....

Bummer! At least we are only in the low 100F this week...:p

I had a '03 Hemi Sport QC with dual climate air, and it never exhibited this problem.
But, my '05 SRT QC is having the passenger side warm air problem.
My dealer (who I don't have much faith in) says the freon was fine, and the blend doors were working fine. (Can they check the true operation of them when they had the truck less than an hour?)
They are gonna try a fan controller... I have my doubts about this attempt.

This just puzzles me, the driver's side will be ice cold, and then the passenger side will blow cool, then warm, and take a long time to blow cool again. But, all the while, the driver's side is working perfectly.:dontknow:

The other thing that I question is, my '03 QC had 3-passenger side vents, and the '05 has only 2-passenger side vents.:dontknow:

I figured out where my leak is at.... its on the high pressure side.

The supercharger intake elbow had nub on it.. and was running the line... finally it rubbed a hole in the aluminum line... grrrrr...

So I am going to buy a new one.. and then grind off the nub on the elbow, and wrap the line in a rubber hose.

azpyroguy said:
There is a recall for this... I forgot what the number was.. but it took them about 2 hours fix mine... mine sounded like a helicopter taking off when you turned the air on before they fixed it...
not a recall. a parts bulletin for the fix.

azpyroguy said:
I figured out where my leak is at.... its on the high pressure side.

The supercharger intake elbow had nub on it.. and was running the line... finally it rubbed a hole in the aluminum line... grrrrr...

So I am going to buy a new one.. and then grind off the nub on the elbow, and wrap the line in a rubber hose.

Glad you found the problem. Now, the question is can you get it fixed before Thursday? weather report is forecasting 110+F :(

Chuck B said:
Glad you found the problem. Now, the question is can you get it fixed before Thursday? weather report is forecasting 110+F :(

It holds refridergant for about 3-4 days, so I found some aluminum weld epoxy last night, and put that on it, then wrapped it in some rubber tape, then put a piece of hose around it...

I am picking up the part today from Dragon if he has one.. then going to install it this Saturday.

Just took my truck to the dealer today. It seems that the original fix to replace the blend door has been revised. Now the bulletin calls for replacing the evaporator case. I believe that the bulletin applies to all these trucks built prior to June of 2006. I'll post the result tomorrow after I pick it up.

Interesting, not sure if this is good news or not, I'll wait to see how much the dealer quotes you. I guess that in the end it will be something I'll have to fix regardless, not ready to put my passengers through the torture of a FL summer in a black truck.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,

Mike

SRT-MIKE said:
Interesting, not sure if this is good news or not, I'll wait to see how much the dealer quotes you. I guess that in the end it will be something I'll have to fix regardless, not ready to put my passengers through the torture of a FL summer in a black truck.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,

Mike

SHould be warranty..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back