Alaska

Houstonsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently workin in Pruhoe Bay Alaska working on the largest drilling oil rig in the world ,however I'm a pipefitter there so much pipe to fabricate out here and yea its cold out here with 24 hour daylight,I've taken pictures out here but can't upload em don't have a pc using android for internet . They are currently hiring pipe welders and electricians if anyone is interested. If someone is interested I can give u more details, oh by the way there are not srts up here lol

I took a cruise in Alaska. Crazy how 10 at night and light is still out. By far on of the most beautiful places I've visited!

TNVIPER said:
My wife has been after me for years to do an Alaska tour....they hiring any cooks??:D
Do it!!!! May seem boring but the scenery and wilderness is amazing!

Alaska is very nice I spent 5 days in anchorage alaska for orientation now I'm in prudhoe bay , the scenery is nice I'm waitin to see a polar bear to snap a pic ,its 24 up here but feels like 48 degrees houston weather yea fahrenheit come on they feed u good here all u want toeat all day every day if I don't watch I'm gonna gain some pounds

LOL, cool......48 degrees sounds good right now. I fought a car fire at 2am this morning and it felt like 110 degrees in my suit.....this summer is going to suck!

Ah yes, the Liberty drilling project. I sure hope Odumbo doesn't suspend drilling on that rig, considering it's another BP project. I work for an oil service company in Houston that will be supplying some of the rotary steering technology to allow the horizontal drilling. Enjoy your time up there.

Fahrenheit said:
LOL, cool......48 degrees sounds good right now. I fought a car fire at 2am this morning and it felt like 110 degrees in my suit.....this summer is going to suck!
Pussy!!!!oh and change your avatar ford boy:D

Change your attitude! And hey I was on the news this morning about the car fire.......seems there was a body in the back seat.

if its in deep water (over 500') all drilling will be suspended when they get to a safe point to do it (whatever that is) thanks to the knee-jerk reaction by the whitehouse. 6 month moratorium on new permits, the trickle down effects for all the oil and gas related companies including the boat company i work for will be disastorous,may be getting laid-off again:mad: louisiana is going to be hurting from not only the environment aspect(seafood industry) but lost jobs and royalties from the oil and gas industry:( i for one want to see 100.00 a barrel oil and its coming

SANCHOBA said:
if its in deep water (over 500') all drilling will be suspended when they get to a safe point to do it (whatever that is) thanks to the knee-jerk reaction by the whitehouse. 6 month moratorium on new permits, the trickle down effects for all the oil and gas related companies including the boat company i work for will be disastorous,may be getting laid-off again:mad: louisiana is going to be hurting from not only the environment aspect(seafood industry) but lost jobs and royalties from the oil and gas industry:( i for one want to see 100.00 a barrel oil and its coming

we are in the same boat so to speak :dontknow: Im on the survey side of things so im hoping that we have some nice large hurricanes to tear up some pipelines so we can survey the damage......they dont even have to make it to shore im ok with that.

jsandlin said:
we are in the same boat so to speak :dontknow: Im on the survey side of things so im hoping that we have some nice large hurricanes to tear up some pipelines so we can survey the damage......they dont even have to make it to shore im ok with that.
sad to say.... it may take a hurricane to keep us working:(

bigcarl64 said:
Ah yes, the Liberty drilling project. I sure hope Odumbo doesn't suspend drilling on that rig, considering it's another BP project. I work for an oil service company in Houston that will be supplying some of the rotary steering technology to allow the horizontal drilling. Enjoy your time up there.
push to steer or point to steer ,...., i work for reed hycalog;) and what co?

I'm headed back to Houston on Sunday for 2 weeks seems like I been up here forever.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back