ALMOST

ALL3-500HP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got a new job which will require me to drive much more. So I thought about getting a different car/truck. I couldnt think of what to get that I would still like to drive and fit my personality. So I went in to the dealer and looked at an 2006 trailblazer SS. I did like it quite a bit. The dealer was willing to trade me straight up for the 10. I almost did it but..... The srt is so much more bad ass and nicer than the SS. So I walked out and am very happy with my decision. If only i could afford a srt-8 jeep it might be a different ending.

Great choice!!!! enjoy the truck ! There won't ever be another one like it!! ;)

If only i could afford a srt-8 jeep it might be a different ending.

If you were looking to get a new vehicle to save gas the Jeep's aren't much better at a resounding 12mpg haha why not just get a beater? That's why I plan on doing, getting a little cheap four banger that gets 30 mpg to drive back and forth to work.

Great choice!!!! enjoy the truck ! There won't ever be another one like it!! ;)

I know, I love the truck and have always wanted one. I dont know if I could ever get rid of her. The problem is still there, I need a car that gets at least a little better mpg's and can get through some winter weather from time to time. I am running out of space and money for cars. One of my trucks will have to go by next winter.:mad::bawling:

Depending on cash, I would buy a beater off Craigslist/ebay/auto trader for about 3k or so. Although if you do the math and you might actually end up saving money by just driving the truck year round.

Great choice!! You've surely seen the 100,000 miles SRT10 and now a 200,000 mile truck! They are tough engines :chain:

How many MPG are you getting now?

I have yet to crack 10 mpg. I have never checked it by hand but the overhead display always reads 9-9.5 mpg. Its not only the mpgs that I am worried about, it is also the winter weather here and there.

Right now I am able to take public transportation to work but that will be changing very soon. Just bought a lotto ticket, might solve all my problems:dontknow:

Last edited:
I have yet to crack 10 mpg. I have never checked it by hand but the overhead display always reads 9-9.5 mpg. Its not only the mpgs that I am worried about, it is also the winter weather here and there.

Must be stop and go, A LOT of it!!!! Or you have a really heavy right foot.

Don't know how scared of the cold you are but you could get one of these. I average 83 mpg on mine(bout 40 miles a day). Drives great in everything I have been in here and for under 5k new you can't go wrong :D
mcr2l2012srb.jpg

I would say get a new better flowing filter, or intake setup, full exhaust, mufflers "true dual exhaust" and a sct. That alone will improve your fuel mileage, I get around 15-17 on the highway, driving 65 and flatland!! Lol

Must be stop and go, A LOT of it!!!! Or you have a really heavy right foot.

I keep my foot out of it for the most part. Is my mileage that much worse than everyone else?:dontknow: Could something be wrong with the truck? It is stock except for magnaflow cat back.

Don't know how scared of the cold you are but you could get one of these. I average 83 mpg on mine(bout 40 miles a day). Drives great in everything I have been in here and for under 5k new you can't go wrong :D
mcr2l2012srb.jpg

That is actually worth thinking about. I have not had a bike in years.

I keep my foot out of it for the most part. Is my mileage that much worse than everyone else?:dontknow: Could something be wrong with the truck? It is stock except for magnaflow cat back.

If you have a RC that mpgs are low. I average 12-15.5, 9-10 when I am really on it. How many miles on your truck?

I get 15 running back and forth to work. Even when I'm giving it hell I still get around 12. 19 on the highway with the cruise set.

I got rid of my 04' RC for a Trailblazer SS. I hated to part with it but it was having too many issues and I had a kid on they way. I love my minivan though! minivan FTW!
ss-smiley.gif

I got rid of my 04' RC for a Trailblazer SS. I hated to part with it but it was having too many issues and I had a kid on they way. I love my minivan though! minivan FTW!
ss-smiley.gif

I do like the blazer SS, and have always been a chevy guy at heart. Dont tell anyone. It just didnt seem like a fair trade, the blazer had 56k miles on it. I wish I could afford both. What kind of MPG do you get in the "mini van"?

I get 15 running back and forth to work. Even when I'm giving it hell I still get around 12. 19 on the highway with the cruise set.

I wish I was getting that, can anyone think of a possible reason I am getting such poor fuel economy?:dontknow:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back