Am I running hot??

yellowFeVEr#270

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what should my idle temp be, with stock t-stat. I'm worried I may be havinga fan issue. it usually hovers @ 200ish. Just making sure I'm not ovre reacting but i just got the truck and I dont wanna blow her up! :(

not an expert on this but believe thats normal alot of new ppl think they run too hot i did. till i found out bigger motor more heat lol maybe some1 else will chime in to make sure

Sounds normal to me. On a side note, if you put your location in your profile, you are more likely to get an answer from someone in your area.

Stock anywhere from 160-200 haha... it depends on the location.

When it's cold out I hover at 160, normal temps 170-180, heavy traffic she'll peak at 190-195, if I drive like she's suppose too 205-215

I think 160 will get you that "Too Cold" CEL

I'm in south Texas, and its cool now but won't be for long, just making sure this thing is gonna be summer ready. I may throw a lil pusher fan in between the radiator and condenser, because the difference in the way it runs hot vs cold is night and day...Bad Idea??:dontknow:

I'm in south Texas, and its cool now but won't be for long, just making sure this thing is gonna be summer ready. I may throw a lil pusher fan in between the radiator and condenser, because the difference in the way it runs hot vs cold is night and day...Bad Idea??:dontknow:

put a 170 tstat in it and have a tune written for that. It runs much cooler and doesn't suffer heatsoak as bad.

Working on the tune now, so I'll just wait and see. I drove it home from Dallas, which is a 5 hour drive, and when i saw the temp rising...my brown eye kinda puckered!!

If I remember correctly the stock T-stat is 185. 200 on your temp sounds normal to me with stock tune and stock t-stat. With a tune that kicks the fans on at a lower temp and a 170 T-stat, it will stay below the 200 mark in the summer heat. When its cold out it will stay pretty much at the 170 mark, unless you are beating the snot out of it.

In other words you are fine.

I did the 170 t stat in mine, and it's working out great. Torrie adjusted my fan settings and I was good to go. I was having a hard time seeing the Temps at 210 on a hot day. Now it's much more more manageable.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back