American Cancer Society Cruise-In, Columbus, OH 6/27/09

Overclocker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Fellas, I'm getting a better head start this time.

As of 11/1/02, my life changed and I became a cancer survivor. I was 30 years old. I'm just trying to find a small way to give a little back to the organization that helped me. A few years earlier, and I might not have had the same advantages provided by years of research and those many victims of this disease that went before me.

Last year we had 24 vehicles including my -10 and Kevan's. Keith showed up with his Rumble Bee, too. The pre-war guys were nuts. I think the threat of rain may have scared some folks away, but we still had a good time.

carshowflyer1.jpg

Last edited:
bump.gif

I've advertised this little benefit cruise-in as heavily as I can with the bodies I have. I had no idea there would be so many little shows and cruis-ins all over central Ohio. We should have a good mix of vehicles there from all over the area if the number of fliers I've dropped is any indication. The shows I've entered/dropped fliers at with the 10 have been very lonely! Not many of us here in Ohio, but at least it's easy to find my truck among all the other stuff. It would be great to meet one or two of you there!

For a great cause...I serve on the financial committee for our local cancer center....my wife is a 17 year survivor.....wish I could make it..

TNVIPER said:
For a great cause...I serve on the financial committee for our local cancer center....my wife is a 17 year survivor.....wish I could make it..

17 years...that's really great. This disease touches so many people. Maybe there will be a time when only the worst cases are treated simply as chronic illnesses and not deadly diseases. I can't imagine the number of steps forward we've made in the last 17 years or so. Heck, one of the targeted drugs I took wasn't available until 2001 - a year before I was diagnosed.

That must be a tough job being involved in the finances of a cancer center. Some of the drugs and facilities that I used were very expensive. I was very fortunate to have access to them. I usually prefer to get as far away as possible from that stuff, not deal with it every day!:D

Anyway, hope you can make it some other time. Thanks for doing what you do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back