American Cancer Society event, Columbus Ohio

Overclocker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that this is appropriate. I'm a Ram SRT-10 owner, a volunteer for the American Cancer Society, and a cancer survivor myself, so I'm somewhat invested in this project. Maybe we can get another 10 out there (so I'm not the only one) or at least some other nice Mopars. This is the first cruise-in I've ever tried to organize, so I hope its not a total clusterf*&k. I'll have some prizes and trophies, so hopefully the participants will have fun and we can expand it next time.

The American Cancer Society
Relay For Life of Westerville

Presents the First Annual

Westerville Wheels for Cure Cruise-in

Classic or Late Model. Import or Domestic.
Car, Truck or Bike.

If it’s cool, BRING IT!!!

Westerville North High school

950 County Line Road, Westerville OH 43081

June 28, 2008

8:00a.m. – 11:00a.m. Registration

9:00a.m.-12:30p.m. Wheels for a Cure Cruise-in

$10 donation per car
100% to benefit The American Cancer Society

Dash Plaques for first 50 entrants

Judging starts at 11:30

Awards at 12:30

Also enjoy our onstage entertainment, games, activities, food and fun!

Come Join us in the fight against cancer.

Contact Kimmy at [email protected]

Sounds cool. I'll pass the word around and do my best to come by.

I guess I have to go wash the truck.....ugh....so many bugs....
:D

We'd be glad to have you! I don't particularly like cleaning vehicles either. Yesterday, I paid $50 to one of the high-school guys that works the counter at my most-frequented parts store to detail the 10. He did a fantastic job, and now I almost hate to drive it since it looks so good. When I came back to pick it up, there was quite a crowd of enthusiastic youngsters around it. I'm still not quite used to that, but they do look sharp.

$50? That's....um....1/8th of a tank of gas! :D

I hope you don't mind, but I posted the info on RumbleBee.org and the SRTConnection.com sites. I tried to post on the VCA forum, but the Events topic area is a "members only" section over there. I may try to skirt that somehow. :)

Keith will probably have his new exhaust tip back from JMB by Sat.
Looks like we'll have some competition!

A little more notice next year please...it would be a nice weekend trip for me...and I would love to spend some time with Kevan again...and being a past ACS board member, it would be my honor to attend.

Even with all the nasty black clouds overhead, it couldn't stop the nice cars and trucks from comin' out.

The organizers trimmed the event times a little to help get the super-nice rides back home before the down-pours started. I think they all squeaked home just in time.

The trucks didn't win anything today, but it's tough when you're going up a badass AC Cobra and a '37 Olds that's been re-furb'd bolt by bolt. :D

Thanks to Overclocker for setting up a cool side event at an even larger event (I felt a little guilty not doing the walk-a-thon...heh heh).

Hopefully we can do it again soon!

Prof said:
A little more notice next year please...it would be a nice weekend trip for me...and I would love to spend some time with Kevan again...and being a past ACS board member, it would be my honor to attend.

I sincerely apologize for the short notice. There will certainly be more notice for next year's event. Honestly, the VTCOA didn't enter my shiney little (now slightly sunburnt) head until I thought to enter my own truck as a "seed" vehicle.

It would also be great to talk to an ACS insider, too.

I'd like to publicly thank Kevan and Keith (Bee0912) for coming out on such short notice with such bad weather threatening. I'm still overwhelmed by the turnout for our first little event. Considering the possible bad weather, we had 24 cars including us three. As Kevan mentioned, we had quite the range of vehicles from a handful of pre-war guys up to some late-models. I think we had most every genre of enthusiast vehicles represented (we could use some bikes!). We were able to gross a few hundred bucks for the show, plus get in a little entertainment from the crazy guy in the '37 Olds. The entire Relay event raised around $75k net. There are some things I'd like to do differently, and I'd like to throw more resources at it next year both personally and through the ACS Westerville Relay For Life committee. I need to visit/enter some other local charity shows to see what we can do to make the Wheels for a Cure event better!

This kind of event is what we as a family need to support in every way possible...maybe next year it will the location for a regional gtg!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back