another MRI

Had back surgury in 97.
Best thing to happen to me, when I woke up, it was the first time in almost 2 years that I did not have pain shooting down my legs. I thought my military career was going to be over at that time, but 3 deployments later, I'm still humping the ruck up the same mountains as the guys half my age.

Just completed my Combative level 3 certifications at Ft Benning. Needless to a was the oldest in the class at 46. next oldest was 35. The other students were saying I was "Old Man strong".

Good luck I know what your going through, it sucks big time. I had mine done by a civilian Doctor. Just could bring myself to have an Army/VA knife handler do it.

iraqivet01 said:
Had back surgury in 97.
Best thing to happen to me, when I woke up, it was the first time in almost 2 years that I did not have pain shooting down my legs. I thought my military career was going to be over at that time, but 3 deployments later, I'm still humping the ruck up the same mountains as the guys half my age.

Just completed my Combative level 3 certifications at Ft Benning. Needless to a was the oldest in the class at 46. next oldest was 35. The other students were saying I was "Old Man strong".

Good luck I know what your going through, it sucks big time. I had mine done by a civilian Doctor. Just could bring myself to have an Army/VA knife handler do it.

Cheers to you my good man. I was hoping that my 1st surgery would fix me and allow me to continue my military career. I had plans to re enlist as infantry and do it all, airborne, Air assault sniper, and eventually special ops selection . I thought I was ok at first and started training as hard as I could but unfortunately things didnt work out. and even though its nice to be with family and friends Id give anything to be back in the ranks and on the front line. for now though I participate with Veterans Organizations like the IAVA to help better the lives of all Veterans and their families. Stay safe out there brother and thank you for continuing to do what you do everyday.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back