Another plug question/problem

SPACEMONKEY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok got the driver side done, no problems. Now im at the #4 cylinder plug on the passanger side and the thing isn't screwing all the way down. I screwed it in the first time and noticed it was higher than the others and put the boot back on and some of the white is showing. I just broke the plug trying to get it down, knew I shouldn't have done that. I've attached pictures, they aren't too good with my cell phone. Not sure what to do here. I can tell it's not going all the way down because the anti-seize is going with the threads until a certain point then it stops. :mad: :mad:

plug02l.jpg

plug01w.jpg

Cross threaded ! ---how are the threads on that plug??? How are the thread in the head????

ya it looks cross threaded. those bottom threads are kinda flat where as the top ones are nice and sharp.

thanks guys. I'm gonna keep tryin by hand until I get it to screw most of the way then I'll know its in. Thanks again.

yup it's crossed. io got a tap an die set if you need it.... text me if you need some help..... i can give ya a few tips

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back