Any experience with a WOT box on your t56 10?

Hmm, everywhere I've read said to turn it off a few hundred rpm before your rev limiter and since I shift right at the rev limiter that how it ended up

Someone pm'ed me this and i will post it here to better help everyone understand how it works but you pretty much answered everything.
??? said:
Hey boss I see that your the only one that has tried the 2 step wot box and I was thinking about doing it my self. I was wondering how it works though.

Do you just set it to say 5000 rpms and dump the clutch?

Then once your going down the track do you just take it out of first and into second without using the clutch and letting off the gas?

How does it work driving around town? Can u still use the clutch driving around?

Do you always have to shift at high rpms?

And how do you think it wouod work with spray?
RagunCajun said:
2 step feature:

You set it to any rpm you want it to hold. You hold the clutch in, then hit the gas WOT. It will not work unless the unit see's 100% throttle. Therefor, around town or any where else it acts like you dont have it. Default is 4k and that's what my video showed.

No lift feature:
Hold the gas WOT and when you press the clutch in, it kills ignition making shifts WAY more easier/smoother. Around town, you shift at normal because it only works if it's held at 100% throttle(WOT). In a sense, it makes power shifting way easier. If you dont power shift, then you will only be using the 2 step feature. No big deal.

For your other questions. You dont always have to shift high. It works fine with spray. The software you use to program it has a window switch option. Lots of people spray using a wotbox/2 step. It's not more/less safe with it.
I hope that helps. If my trans wasnt broken, id make videos of driving and using it to better help people understand.
For what it's worth, since you mentioned the Viper T56 being harder to shift
I'm glad you are able to power shift with it feeling easy to you. But for some of us, for whatever reasons, we want it to be easier for us. So we choose to use the WOT box with the no lift feature. It only helps us to our goals at the track and street. I tried all sorts of different fluids and nothing works. The first time i tried the no lift feature, i was shocked how easy it was. A lot of use tried numerous things to help out transmissions shift better.

Last edited:
Bringing this thread up from the dead. Here's a screen shot of the parameters you can change in the software via laptop. I got the software working with the unit in the truck today finally. It's amazing what you can accomplish by remaining calm and not giving up lol.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/20140531_1845311_zps2348539c.jpg

My truck will be back on the road in a week or two FINALLY so i will be able to give better opinion on it. I will have a fresh built trans so there will be nothing worn or damaged to alter my opinion.

I can't figure out how to wire mine in I don't know what wires to spice into on the truck... but I planned on running the window switch option they have on the program when i spray

well I got everything figured out but I cant post in the write up section and the file is to big to load on here so if anyone wants it to put in the writeup section just email me [email protected]

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back