Any good tranny shops in AZ

shade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bands didnt come right from the factory and are slipping. I first got the truck it barked the tires quite nicely from 1-2 now it barely does it.

Anyone have a good tranny shop in the east valley?

I dont feel like having the truck sit at the dealer for 5 hours.

I don't know if this helps... but Sun Devil Auto replaced the tranny in my 2000Ram 1500. The dealers do take their sweet time, but doubt an independent would be faster. BTW where did you buy your truck?

shade said:
My bands didnt come right from the factory and are slipping. I first got the truck it barked the tires quite nicely from 1-2 now it barely does it.

Anyone have a good tranny shop in the east valley?

I dont feel like having the truck sit at the dealer for 5 hours.

Are you anywhere near Tuscon?

Avondale dodge adjusted my bands and serived the tranny with oil change and rotated tires for $240. just get in touch with patrick. Or scott(azpyroguy) had a custom built tranny by a guy he knows!!! FYI...my truck has not barked the tires after the first 500 miles, even though the bands are still good. dunno, could just be the truck, mine sat on the dealer lot for about 11 months.

East Valley area, Gilbert Mesa Chandler Tempe

Hmm if yours didnt bark after 500 thats about what mine did. Should I leave guys or have it checked??

how many miles do you have on it? more than likely its just a band adjustment or thottle pressure cable adjustment.

shade said:
East Valley area, Gilbert Mesa Chandler Tempe

Hmm if yours didnt bark after 500 thats about what mine did. Should I leave guys or have it checked??
I don't know if this makes you happy or scares the Crap outta you but......................were neighbors LOLOLOL :D I live in Maricopa :eek:

shade said:
We'll have to do a get together for the AZ members
Oh Boy......................:D LOLOOOLOLOL We have yet to recouperate from the last one :D I am still healing from Scurvy :p :p

Azblackmoon ------ Som Bitch I work in Casa Grande :D :rock:

Hey guys, if i missed your intro thread sorry but welcome SHADE and AZBLACKMONSOON.......:rock:

GTG you say huh......go ahead and start one...I'll go! Might be in Phoenix round the 5th for a D-Backs game:rock:

TheSickness said:
Oh Boy......................:D LOLOOOLOLOL We have yet to recouperate from the last one :D I am still healing from Scurvy :p :p
LOLOLOL......I know what you mean!.............:D

I am going to do a GTG in mid June or maybe september. having a pool put in now so once it is done we will all meet. shade, still not sure about the tires not barking, my truck is stronger now, and I think it shifts better than when it was new, just no bark...but more bite. plus I need new tires...i want to do a video of one last sick burnout before having them switched.

I work at Frito-lay so you probally drive by it on your way in. A GTG sounds like a good idea, I am a founding member of the AZLOC ,Arizona Lightning Owners Club, good group of friends now. So which is the best AZ dealer to get service done. Sounds like Avondale

Stage II is the way to go..first thing I would do.. Only downside is we only have 91 octane. expect about 35-45rwhp. where did you buy your truck...peoria on Bell rd?

Guys I'm Scared Now. What do you mean Bark the tires? Are you saying my Qc Is not at its full Potential. So If the Bands aren't adjusted it will Lag and wil be slower? Please Help. I have been wondering why truck had been choked up.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back