Anybody Clean Their Engine?

greatone61 said:
Thanks amigos!, I was going to clean it today, but it decided to rain outside, one day its a friggin heat wave here, and then it rains. Whatever happend to a c ool sunny day!

I sure wish it would rain around here...damn it's hot and dry...but it's good weather to keep a truck clean...it never seems to get dirty...LOL!!!

I have washed my engine many times. It seems that just a soon as I wash my truck it rains here, Ohh well.

Bill.

Silverback said:
Okay, I'm an anal SOB, so here is what I do when I wash my truck.

I use two wash buckets and three wash mits. I have one bucket and mit for the main part of the truck down to the body cladding. The second bucket and mit is for the body cladding area because it tends to pick up more crap. I should also mention that I first wash the body cladding and then the entire truck with bucket and mit #1.

I then use bucket number 2 and wash mit 3 to wash the wheels. After that is all done, I open the hood and wash the engine compartment down.

It's usually about a 6 pack or so job.:eek: :D

J;
so after the washing, those buckets are now technically used...do you treat them like samsonite luggage just to keep in 'training" and get new buckets? Or do you re-use them and run the risk of mixing up the bucket contents?:star:

I use Simple Green diluted 8:1.Spray on ,let sit 10 min with the hood closed.Spray off.Dry off engine.Spray hoses,plastic and rubber with your choice of tire dressing.Wipe down remainder with detailer.

dallas said:
J;
so after the washing, those buckets are now technically used...do you treat them like samsonite luggage just to keep in 'training" and get new buckets? Or do you re-use them and run the risk of mixing up the bucket contents?:star:

I wash them out and reuse them. Got to expensive to replace them all the time.;) :p :D

Mine never gets dirty enought to use simple/green... but I have been known to vacuum the engine bay and wipe her off.....

Quick

I just drive my work car everyday and I never take the SRT10 out in incliment weather. Keeps the engine bay looking just like new. :idea:

All I have to do is wipe the dust off the motor, LOL. :p

If you use Simple Green, do make sure that you dilute it. Full strength simple green can discolor and stain aluminum parts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back