anybody running a 488

beastly1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking on doing a gear change,on my 05, having the 456, looking to go 488, anybody running that set up, looking for some feed back, if it's worth doing .

Last edited:
images

The opion seems to be if you want to run it at the track much stay with 4.56's. If you want a fun street truck, go 4.88's. I was wanting to do 4.88s as weel and ended up doing drag radials b/c traction on my street tires was already so bad I knew a gear change would worsen the problem. I plan on 4.56's sometime this year to go with the DR's and hope to pull a little more out of the truck.

I have 4.88's but also ladder bars so traction isn't as bad a problem for me. I mostly changed mine because I run a tall slick at the race track.

thinking on doing a gear change,on my 05, having the 456, looking to go 488, anybody running that set up, looking for some feed back, if it's worth doing .

Auto or 6 speed? 6 speed...No, Auto.... Yes.
There tons of threads on it ;)
Type it under SEARCH :chain:

To further clarify, the OP would be better served by using the search function to answer his question, especially if he can't take a little constructive criticism.

I just changed from 4.10 to 4.56 and really like how 5th and 6th gear feels now. I think 4.88's would be to much for the way I drive.:D

Hey y'all, i was just wondering if anyone has actually thought about changing gear ratio's to a 4.88?

I just got my email for my subscription to this thread!! #thumbsup

Nobody wants to rear old stuff. They want to create new threads to keep it new and up to date. duh.
Shut up, Richard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PsS-zMgzw]Tommy Boy - Shut Up Richard - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back