Anyone else in Real Estate

Gaboon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious about who else is in real estate. I hoping thing pick up soon because here in Ootah it has become very ssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww:mad: I am hoping things pick up before I have to take drastic measures like selling.

Gaboon said:
I am curious about who else is in real estate. I hoping thing pick up soon because here in Ootah it has become very ssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww:mad: I am hoping things pick up before I have to take drastic measures like selling.

Well, what ever you do.

Don't move to SoCal

It's even slower down there

Gaboon said:
Selling what? Wife, house, organs? Cause I know you don't mean your truck!

Alberta is a sellers market. I've been doing quite a bit of Real Estate up here. Not supposed to slow down either, with record oilfield drilling coming this quater and the Oil Sands expanding yet again it's not gonna get any cheaper for housing.

I would probably start selling organs first. It just slow enough now for me to start to worry. We will see, I have been blessed so far.

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Well, what ever you do.

Don't move to SoCal

You are correct that the Socal market is slow. There are a few exceptions like high end houses and commercial rental properties. I am still able to get $2500 monthly rent for a 1 bedroom in Beverly Hills with a waiting list.

Foreclosures in single family houses went up a record 70% over the last 2 months. This news alone will have a negative effect on propery values in Socal.

Multi unit commercial and residential rental properties are the soundest investment in the Real Estate market.

Like Socal Phoenix has also been hit with a market slowdown. I just sold my house and it was on the market for almost 5 months and many $ price reductions.
But on the buying side I bought a spec home for an unreal price. Same house if not a spec about $90k more. Builders are having a hard time unloading inventory

Yea, it is a great time to buy right now.

Gaboon said:

Real Estate Is Local. Where I live In the Bay area there are some areas that are always hot because of supply and demand. But again some area are Affected by the Cyclical cycle:dontknow: It better get better because I have 6 investment houses all in So Cal that are all Adjustable Mortgages. I will be in deep crap if the market doesn't pick up:(

I just picked up 12 homes last week in Colorado Springs, CO. and three in Columbus, OH. Anyone looking for a house in those markets? ;) REO market is getting into full throttle right now. I'm expecting a very strong end of year finish. :dancing:

I thought Colorado was like 2nd or third in like foreclosures:dontknow:
good luck on your strong finish.

Annu Kumar said:
I thought Colorado was like 2nd or third in like foreclosures:dontknow:
good luck on your strong finish.

Thus why I've been shopping in CO. Ohio is much worse with MI right behind it. There are ways to make money in any market.

Whats your execution strategy with these homes. How you gonna sell retail when the market is so bad:dontknow:

I'm a sales agent in florida and work as onsite sales and project manager for a developer. We are almost complete with the building.....will be done this fall. we started pre-sales back in 04 at the peak.....$1,100 per square foot we got. Now we haven't sold much but it will pick up for our condo once we get Cert of Occup. www.coconutgrovebeachresidences.com

But anyone else in FL looking to buy a home.....please let me know!

Annu Kumar said:
Real Estate Is Local. Where I live In the Bay area there are some areas that are always hot because of supply and demand. But again some area are Affected by the Cyclical cycle:dontknow: It better get better because I have 6 investment houses all in So Cal that are all Adjustable Mortgages. I will be in deep crap if the market doesn't pick up:(

ARM's are such a killer. If the market doesnt pick up you might have to hang yourself before the banks do.
Good luck selling them though!

Every home we have staged this year has sold with multiple offers with the exception of one condo that is over priced. I would highly recommend staging instead of re-listing and dropping the price on your dead listing. Some of our most recent work http://www.1475circledr.com/mls/

Yo Jt Your In A Market that is irrelevant to the generl market. The homes you stage our for Super rich folks and they don't even take loans. They Pay cash and dictate the Market:rock:

I live in Austin Tx and we have one of the top three sellers market in the nation...we havent really been affected because we have a real market. ours didnt get overinflated during the boom...

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Well, what ever you do.

Don't move to SoCal

NO KIDDING!!!! :( :( :( Maybe now is not the most lucrative time for me to be studying for my Real Esnake Broker's license then?? Since the escrow market is virtually DEAD................. calling all Real Esnake agents ;) ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back