anyone else with X-Metal shifter problems?

Whitesnake

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just installed my shifter (after 1 year) does anyone have the same problem as i been having? i seems to be popping out of 2nd gear? it has done it 4 times in one day? or did i do something wrong?

explain?:dontknow:

Have you called Gary?

Seems like that would be my first thought.

(812) 453-4862

Whitesnake said:
i just installed my shifter (after 1 year) does anyone have the same problem as i been having? i seems to be popping out of 2nd gear? it has done it 4 times in one day? or did i do something wrong?

explain?:dontknow:

Put the stocker back in, if it goes away it's the shifter, iff not it's something else!!

Just try what I said. I think it tells you to do this in the instructions. Bang 1st to 2nd hard a few times then tighten it up and take it for a spin.

Marc T said:
Put the stocker back in, if it goes away it's the shifter, iff not it's something else!!

This will tell you if it is the shifter, or if something is going in the transmission.

sleeper said:
Just try what I said. I think it tells you to do this in the instructions. Bang 1st to 2nd hard a few times then tighten it up and take it for a spin.

are you sure?
i mean not every time but? i don't know....to late for that, it will have to wait till we get back!

Gary will tell you to...

1. Do what Sleeper says...if it still happens...

2. Do what Marc says...

Prof said:
Gary will tell you to...

1. Do what Sleeper says...if it still happens...

2. Do what Marc says...

ok i will do what sleeper say's then if it does not work i am selling the truck..............it just will not be the same!:D

Whitesnake said:
are you sure?
i mean not every time but? i don't know....to late for that, it will have to wait till we get back!
What?:dontknow: It only take you 1/2 hour tops. All you need is two tools. Did you do the install?

The new shifter needs to break in a bit If I remember right. I read this about a year ago when I was considering my purchase of the X-Metal Shifter. I picked up mine used so it was perfect from day 1.

i had the same problem with my gen4 when it was first installed...... did what boomer said about loosening up & banging 2nd, it did help some but wasn't the "fix all"..... around the same time, i also upgraded my clutch & hydraulics & i never had the issue again...... now, can it be said that break in helped, i suppose....... but the upgrades did the most for me......:)

look also if the shifter doens't jam against the boot ring... in 2nd....must still check mine but know there's some vibrating noise from contact between shifter and bootring...

belgiumbarry said:
look also if the shifter doens't jam against the boot ring... in 2nd....must still check mine but know there's some vibrating noise from contact between shifter and bootring...

yes it is also noisey as hell, but i will do all this stuff when i get back from AZ GTG...thanks guys for all your input!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back