anyone find a solution for the passenger side AC problem?

SRT-MIKE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here comes the hot season again with the reminder that my passenger side AC still blows hot air.

Has anyone found a solution, recall, or anything.

Thank you much for any advise!

SRT-MIKE said:
Here comes the hot season again with the reminder that my passenger side AC still blows hot air.

Has anyone found a solution, recall, or anything.

Thank you much for any advise!
I know the 06's had a severe problem with one of the mode doors breaking off, in which it would stop air flow. I probaly changed about 30 of them here. Not sure its the same thing with the 05's.

I don't see the problem. You're side has A/C so you're cool, but the girl in the passenger seat is all hot so she has to take off her clothes... :D

johnnybravo said:
I don't see the problem. You're side has A/C so you're cool, but the girl in the passenger seat is all hot so she has to take off her clothes... :D

Well, I can see what you mean... I'll ask my wife if she'll allow some girls to ride the passenger side to test the theory... purely scientific interest, of course.

Passenger side blows air, but it stays hot until after 20 minutes of riding, at that point it slowly starts to cool. However considering that my daily riding is mostly less that 20 minutes, this has become an issue.

Mine does the same thing: the passenger side is not as cold as the driver side. There is a section in the service manual on how to adress this issue. I haven't looked into yet as it's not that bad in my truck (maybe a 5 degree temp diff). I mentioned it to the dealer while I was having my tranny worked on under warranty. They were completely clueless. I guess I'll have to fix it myself. If it is not too involved, I'll post my results here.

I am getting kind of tired of having to do all the work on my truck myself even while it is under warranty.

johnnybravo said:

You let a woman ride over there? That seat is reserved for my dog, if the wife wants to come along she has to get in the truck bed!

This has been a common issue with those of us who live in a bit harsher climates than most. I've had it to my dealer 3X back in 05. Each time they added a bit more of the cold stuff. Its tolerable now....

A couple things I noticed....Passenger side will get colder with higher vacuum. As Water temps reach 210 (approx) I've noticed via a meter hooked up that the AC pump cycles more frequently. At WOT the AC compressor turns off entirely.

I also spoke with a local AC guy who confirmed this is more common with Ram's than just the SRT. He confirmed what the dealer did is what he does to help with the situation. He also stated many dealerships won't do this as its outside the parameters.

Prof said:
You let a woman ride over there? That seat is reserved for my dog, if the wife wants to come along she has to get in the truck bed!

Well, girls only get to ride up front if they don't talk.

My AC sucked big time and that was one reason I sold the truck. As a daily driver in Phoenix, the AC must be nice and cold. The dealer said it was within spec whatever the F that means so it did not get fixed. What a joke! One of several things I hated about the truck and don't miss now that it's gone.

mine had the same problem last fall, one of the doors inside the heater box is not working, dealerships doing it under warrenty,

Everyone is too afraid to ride with me...so no complaints. :D

I have had the same issue and discussed it with the local Viper Tech, he unofficially informed me it was a known issue with no fix.

Officially there isnt a problem and any difference in temperatures meet mfg. specs. :dontknow: :(

Noticed mine did it ONCE. I just cycled the temp slide bars from hot to cold a couple of times and it started cooling right away.... Don't know what it or I did but it hasn't given me a problem since....

If the freon is low why is it only cold on the right side? I have checked the freon levels and added some with no change.

you could also have a blend door problem, but 90% of the time the froen is too low, now if all your pressures are ok you need to look at what else could be the problem. could also be a a/c control head... there are no cables, so it is possible you have an actuator that is sticking.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back