Anyone had this issues with power windows ??

wesman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched but got about 102091209 unrelated topics so here goes....

I'm having issues with my power windows on my '05 SRT QC. I rolled down the windows tonight to enjoy the nice N Tx night tonight and they wont roll back up. This has happened before but they rolled back up after a few minutes.

I looked for a fuse to the windows in the fuse box but couldn't find one, of course the owners manual is pretty much useless.

Anyone had an issue with their windows stuck in the down position or just not working in either direction ?

We're expecting some rain tomorrow so I'd like to roll them back up before it arrives....lol

TIA for any info

--wes

Also, tried disconnecting the battery for a while to see if that would help to no avail.

The windows can't be controlled at all by any of the switches on any of the doors. I'm also not getting illumination to any of the buttons like normal which is what led me to thinking it could be a fuse thing??? :dontknow: :dontknow:

--wes

Check to see if your buttons are sticking or if there is a short somewhere. From your description it sounds like they are overheating, If they are they will shut down till they cool off some. It has happened to me a few times in my old Mustang.

I can't see it being overheating, it basically seems like there is no power to them at all. It being a short seems illogical as well since none of them seem to have power (no light on the switches, but the lights to the door lock on the pass side are illuminated just not the window control)

A short seems illogical as well since it affects all of the windows and not just the main controls. Perhaps the short occurred to the main drivers side unit while in "window lock" mode and it stuck like that.....I truly have no idea :dontknow:

I read about a 25A relay under the drivers dash and i located one but have no idea how to test it.

I wonder if there is any way to manually power the switches inside the door panel to at least get them back up for now??? The rain is coming and it would really suck to get drenched in there.

--wes

Wes, Are they still inoperative right now? This would be the best time to test them. I would check with a meter or test light to see if you are getting power to the motor. I would also check to see if the switch is getting power. Try operating the switches with the door open to see if that changes anything.

ok....so I have it narrowed down. I pulled the door panel and messed with the plugs at the bottom of the window/mirror control module. The larger of the two on the back of it controls the window switches as well as the illumination to the switches.

I moved it around a bit and the lights flickered on and off. I pushed it in really well and it stayed connected and the lights stayed illuminated, that is until I attempted to put the door panel back on, then it dimmed out and the controls no longer worked.

I pulled the control module out and put the door panel back on and it stayed lit fine after securing the clip again. I removed the clip after much prying and wiggling and noticed that there was some corrosion in one of the pins. The pin is dead center on the module plug and corresponds to a red w/yellow stripe wire. I assume this is the main power wire for the window controls. I attempted to clean them as best I could with tools on hand but I'm going to re-terminate the wire and replace the connector inside the plug so it seats better, I'll be worrying about that later as it's 130am here.

At least the windows are up now :elefant:

I've seen alot of broken door harnesses on the quad cabs, the replacement harness is available from the dealer. Pull the cover off or move it so you can see the harness between the door and pillar they may be broken. I haven't seen the front harnesses break but it could have.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back