Anyone have a trans for sale???

Donuts4me9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to pickup a 6-speed trans. Mine blew. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one cheep, please let me know. Around Chicago is a MAJOR plus.

Scott
(708) 955-2876

i'm calling them right now... any other ideas just in case?

X2 builders is over 2K for a used one out of a burnt to the ground car and LKQ, doesn't have any rebuilt or new.

Man when it rains it pours, i lost my job recently and now my trans goes out... Things come in 3's. What could be next??? :confused: :dontknow:

There was a rebuilder on the forum many months ago that had GREAT pricing
on rebuilt Tremec trans or parts to repair, I can not find it on the search but I'm sure some of the others members will remember.

Donuts4me9 said:
I need to pickup a 6-speed trans. Mine blew. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one cheep, please let me know. Around Chicago is a MAJOR plus.

Details? How did it blow?

you could get one built cheap i am sure g force transmissions

Complete Transmissions
$160 shipping within continental U.S., will ship world wide
$4795.00 New T-56 with G-Force GFT56XXXS2* installed with a factory main shaft
and over drive
$5695.00 New T-56 with G-Force GFT56XXXTC2* & GFT56TC1 installed with factory over drives
(Most applications require a modifi ed bell housing to fi t the T-56, see Racing Transmission Price Guide)
*XXX denotes 1st gear ratio of desired gear set
Convert to triple cone CHEAP!
$1,995.00 GFT56C5/C6—Kit includes STOCK C5/C6 (2.97 or 2.62) gearset, 9310 main shaft to fi t
your core, billet ½ and ¾ slider hub keys. Uses existing cluster extension shaft and
overdrive gears, or add a new cluster shaft for $695 (cluster is only available as an
assembly with the cluster extension)
G-Force

RAM82A1 said:
Donuts4me9 said:

Details? How did it blow?

I was at a stop sign and started out in first, (i was driving normally) and then shifted into 2nd at about 20 MPH. When I let the clutch out and than applied the gas, there was a loud BOOM ! It scared me at first, I didn't expect anything to go wrong :dontknow: . Anyways, I wasn't driving it hard and I have never raced it or anything. Seems like a freak thing to go wrong. :confused: anyways, I was in my neighborhood and managed to roll it into my driveway. So at least I got it home.

Mopar Parts America
2005 1500 - $2,249.50 New T56

Not sure if this is cheap or not.
That sucks your trans blew up like that. I thought the trans on these trucks had a longer warranty than just the 3/36.

Last edited:
t56 for sale

Hi a friend of mine was going to put it in his mustang but is buying a D&D conversion kit. This is out of a 2004 with 3000 miles I think he want $1500 plus shipping. His name is Cleon call him at 917-348-4042.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back