Anyone Heard of Clutch Sticking Disengaged?

Big Jimbo

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Viper Truck engine with 6sp and the other day when I put it in 1st gear and let out the clutch nothing happened! It was like someone had removed the driveshaft. All gears felt like they engaged properly with the shifter and the clutch pedal feels the same. (I did look and the drive shaft was still there!) The last time I drove it everything seemed normal. I think I will pull the tranny next weekend to see what is going on. I have been reading on this site and it seems like a lot of people have had problems with the throwout bearing/slave, but I couldn't find where it stuck with the clutch disengaged.
I should add that the Ram SRT engine is not in a stock application, :D but the clutch and trans have not been modified.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDatnbWTYY

Last edited:
Check you clutch master cylinder, if it is full you may need to change the fluid. OK , now tell us what it is in, we like pics too..

I am using a Wilwood master cylinder and it has new fluid. I opened the bleeder on the slave to see if there was residual pressure and it did not help engage the clutch.
Here is the vehicle. The worlds fastest 1959 Plymouth! I am in the process of sorting it out and never thought the clutch would be a problem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDatnbWTYY

ok I got some puter probs, but got a sec here.

first try this
bleed the ssystem and put in new hi temp fluid, sometimes the old fluid will deteriorate and go bad.

now in you case tho, with the pedal feeling normal, it sounds like the presure plate has given up on ya.

but it too could be the hydraulics also , the oem slave inthese things dont last long for some, and to it depends onthe condition of what it ws b4 you bought it.

sorry for the speeling , speed typing:D

Thanks, next weekend I will have time to pull the transmission and take a look. Will post a picture of what I find. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Engine new frontIMG_0273.jpg
    Engine new frontIMG_0273.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 202

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back