Anyone in the oil/gas industry?

zcoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone here in the oil and gas industry could give me advice I would really appreciate it. I just graduated from the University of Houston with a degree in construction management and minor in leadership and supervision. My question is what would be the best place to start in the industry? Any extra advice is welcomed.

Congrats! My son works for J. Ray Mcdermott in houston,has been there since he graduated from A&M a couple of years ago,(engineer) he says the are very busy since they acquired large contracts from Petrobras.they have construction yards all over the world and are a great company with great benefits,check them out.my son has already been to Singapore and Indonesia and they fly him (with his boss) first class!

Oh....I'm also in the oil and gas industry,just a lowly supply boat captain .lol and we are hurtin' here in the gulf :(

Well . I don't know where are you from , bit I bett you could get a job in sands easy .
That's is if you want to work up here . Try applying in Brock . There are big company in US and up here in Canada . And they do maintenance on lots of oil/ gas plans . And they have some new projects .

Well . I don't know where are you from , bit I bett you could get a job in sands easy .
That's is if you want to work up here . Try applying in Brock . There are big company in US and up here in Canada . And they do maintenance on lots of oil/ gas plans . And they have some new projects .

Thanks for all the help. I'm from Houston I am interested in offshore drilling if that narrows it down at all.

Two words....defacto moratorium,well here in the gulf anyways....

I came across a fortunate opportunity a few semesters ago where I was able to tour an offshore wellhead manufacturing company which really turned me on to the industry. I was hoping to get into offshore drilling and didn't know if any of you had ever gone that route.

Oo right on . There main office is Houston I think . I work for one of there companies up
Here In Canada . They are always looking for ppl .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back