anyone own B&M short shift??

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heyy does anyone own a B&M short shift and have it install? i would like to see the pix of it full installed and how is it? THANKS!

AWESOME!! thanks!! but i am wondering that shift ball is factory, correct? and i notice that u own gen 1 and gen 4 too, can i see the pics of what it both look like? where is gen 2 and gen 3? just wondering

DRamSrt10 said:
heyy does anyone own a B&M short shift and have it install? i would like to see the pix of it full installed and how is it? THANKS!

Yep, i just put mine in this weekend and wow!!! Got it on ebay for 229 shipped! Once you put this in, you'll know how shitty the factory shifter was. As far as noise is concerned, it only makes noise when i have my hand set on the shifter, other than that its just as quiet as the oem. GO on get it:rock:

yeah! i am thinking to get B&M since it is good deal in ebay than gen4 plus i am not aggressive, ya know?

anyone got pic of gen 1 and gen4 shifter? and where is gen 2 and gen 3? just wondering

I love it. It took me about a hour to put in on. It works awesome. I went a few steps further. I had the lever media blasted then polished on a high speed buffer to bring out a mirror like shine. check it out. I paid 229 from atlantic speed, they will sell direct not only through ebay. I think it looks even better than the factory hurst in the bling catagory.

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 122
mosrt10 said:
I love it. It took me about a hour to put in on. It works awesome. I went a few steps further. I had the lever media blasted then polished on a high speed buffer to bring out a mirror like shine. check it out. I paid 229 from atlantic speed, they will sell direct not only through ebay. I think it looks even better than the factory hurst in the bling catagory.
Could I impose on you to take one more pic? I would like to see how it sits when it is in 2nd gear in comparison to the center console... I like how the stock one sits pretty even with it...

Please?

Tom the lever has three positioning holes on it. When the handle is at the highest height the handle position is nearly identical to stock, I'll take a few pics when I get home later.

mosrt10 said:
Tom the lever has three positioning holes on it. When the handle is at the highest height the handle position is nearly identical to stock, I'll take a few pics when I get home later.
Thank you very much!

Dram, Boomer made his first shifter gen 1 or sometimes people refer to it as the gen 2.........gen 3 never surfaced, gen 4 is the one he sells now.............so he really only sold two shifters. Got it? LOL

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Dram, Boomer made his first shifter gen 1 or sometimes people refer to it as the gen 2.........gen 3 never surfaced, gen 4 is the one he sells now.............so he really only sold two shifters. Got it? LOL

patrick

ahhhh I see lol, I was wondering where the hell is gen 2 and 3 shifter haha so it is just gen1 and gen4 for xmetal and one from b&m right?

I went to the x metal site but it looks the same as it did about a year ago, having no pics of the shifter. Are there any pics floating out there of this shifter? Both the parts and installed? A price would be nice too. I'm deciding between Boomers shifter and the B&M. Where can I get the best price on a B&M?:confused:

EDIT: Found both reviews here thanks to REDSRT007:rock:

Last edited:
Randy M said:
Are there any pics floating out there of this shifter? Both the parts and installed?

Here is a GEN I shifter...been on for about two years without incident...
srtpics018.jpg

srtpics021-1.jpg

Dram, gen 1 only available used, gen 4 directly from Boomer, or the b & m one. Realize the gen 4 is a race shifter. Read the reviews that red007 posted in another thread.

patrick

ahhh I see, hmm I'm thinking to get both, but B&M first for daily driver and then get the gen4 for drag race

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back