Anyone put a Roe Supercharger on a stock truck?

Papabear

Reaction score
I am looking at both the Roe and the Paxton kits right now. I know the Paxton can be bolted up to a stock SRT-10 and get good numbers. What about the Roe? I had talked to Roe before the kit was ready for prime time and they were suggesting a full exhaust at the least for supporting mods. If you add the cost of a exhaust system to the Roe it starts getting further away from the paxton kit cost wise. I am not looking for huge numbers just a nice bump in power to make the truck a little more fun. I wanted to go with the Roe but if it's going to end up costing alot more the cost difference may sway me to the Paxton. Thanks for any input.

More air in = more air out.

Any forced induction would benefit from an exhaust rework.

Both Prof, and NBT have them on stock trucks. And by "Stock" I'm referring to the internal parts of the engine. I know Prof has headers, but I'm not sure on NBT.

The one thing I will say is, it does not matter what form of FI you use, you should have headers. If not you will be retaining additional heat in the engine and that is a bad thing.

Yes I have done FI on many vehicles. But because of the cost of exhaust systems for our trucks I was looking at a stepped approach to the build. Buy the supercharger since it is the most expensive part, then later add headers and exhaust work. I know that without the headers etc. I would limit myself but as I stated I am not looking for any huge numbers. This is just my weekend toy.

Papabear said:
Yes I have done FI on many vehicles. But because of the cost of exhaust systems for our trucks I was looking at a stepped approach to the build. Buy the supercharger since it is the most expensive part, then later add headers and exhaust work. I know that without the headers etc. I would limit myself but as I stated I am not looking for any huge numbers. This is just my weekend toy.
if i were you, i'd start with the other mods first & leave the supercharger for last.....

Papabear said:

Heat is the real enemy of this engine. While I think you will be able to mount a Roe Top Mount Twin Screw without headers, I tend to agree with the post above that suggests going with the Roe as the last mod...I would add...if you are in a relatively cool climate...

I started with the Roe as the end game, but since the Roe was not available, I installed the exhaust system (Mopar long tube, cat delete and magna flow), VEC III, water/meth, 172 Thermo, the Centerforce clutch, Viper Slave and Master Cyl....with those mods I was putting down around 500 rwhp and that is quite a jump from the stock 430 or so...maybe you will be happy with that???

The addition of the Roe took me to 620 rwhp...

But if you feel confident that you can control the heat issue, water/meth as a minimum and a very conservative tune then go with the Roe! 1Fast400 is selling his...make him an offer...

Whatever you do...have a ball and welcome to the RBC, your experience with FI will be greatly welcomed!

Roy

Papabear said:

Here is a compromise for you. Go with the SC, but dump the Cats or go with Hi-Flow Cats. And also go with a Cat Back exhaust system. That would be enough of an improvement that the risk of damage would be acceptable, at least in my opinion.

Ditto, need to lose the cats with FI. Or at the very least high flows.

Silverback said:
Here is a compromise for you. Go with the SC, but dump the Cats or go with Hi-Flow Cats. And also go with a Cat Back exhaust system. That would be enough of an improvement that the risk of damage would be acceptable, at least in my opinion.

Been having evil thoughts of going SC. Are you ROE boys having trouble hooking up with the Twin Screw? Ive got a twin screw on my Saleen with 4:11 in the rear and it's a slippery bitch, Looking into some radials just so I can use the power I have. I love the look of the ROE and the instant rush of a TS, but are the paxtons better for actually using your power and not just spinning? I don't go to the track much, just fun around town, so I'll be keeping stock rims, tires.

Yes in a word...hooking up is difficult...

But I am learning...it really takes a gentle touch...starting to get the feel...I am now just idling off the line, trying to keep from breaking loose by feathering the throttle, and granny shifting...a speed shift into any gear short of 5th just smokes the stock tires...

I have a set of slicks in the back of the truck now...for a few runs only, my truck is for the street not the strip...

pm me if you have any other questions...

Roy

Prof said:
my truck is for the street not the strip...

Hope you don't mind......I found my new sig. line......:D

Have at it! Many of us never come to the realization, and we live in the fantasy world too long...met lots of very grounded people this weekend that were very proud to say..."totally stock"...there is something very calming and confident about that comment, it probably says more about the mentally balanced owner than those of us who are "infected", care to admit.

Roy

we all have a problem and deep down we know it, some have more will power than others, me personally i cant take it, got to have more hp it makes me smile.

"Infected" I am, I've held off on the Sc for two years now, always said I'll wait til the warrantys up. But no problems yet and don't see any on the horizon. Not a daily driver for me so screw it!
So the question I geuss I'm askin is whats faster on the street? TS or centrifical? spelling? Also, what easier to install, Roe or Paxton?

The big difference in the ROE and the Paxton (in a nutshell, and for hooking up purposes) I would dare to say that the Paxton is easier to hook out of the hole.
How much "better" is up there... Hell the RC hardly hooks all motor...let alone with ANY forced induction...without reference to traction.

Case in point... the ROE peaks HP/TQ @ 2600 rpm respectively. The Paxton later in the RPM curve (4200RPM?) so your laying "less" to the pavement from a dig with the Paxton over the ROE.... therefore hooking better with the Paxton.

On the dragstrip however present's a slightly different situation... with the above rules still in effect...

One of many "Theory's" out there (not taking into consideration the multiple other variables)
"when" you get traction with a twinscrew or centrifugal... the "idea" is that the Twinscrew (because peak HP/TQ come on earlier in the RPM cycle.. it's going to get up and out earlier... leaving the centrifugal type SC to "catch up", and have to run you down.
Time will tell, and we have plenty of other drivers that got the seat time to tell you better differences and pro's/con's.

Here is a vague site regarding the different SC's, and not intended to belittle you regarding the mechanics of how SC's work.;)
http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?id=5

Regarding the exhaust side of thing's, I have the Bellanger header's and mid's with one set of HF cat's... then through a Magnaflow. The Magnaflow has the two 2 1/2" flanges cut off, and the entire system is 3". Not sure I would run the ROE with stock cat's, and you could probably get away with stock exhaust manifolds, but open up the rest of the system. At a minimum change out the mids (delete rear cat's, or total cat delete) and a cat back.
Nowhat had been running his Paxton successfully with the stocker exhaust manifolds.

Last edited:
Prof said:
Have at it! Many of us never come to the realization, and we live in the fantasy world too long...met lots of very grounded people this weekend that were very proud to say..."totally stock"...there is something very calming and confident about that comment, it probably says more about the mentally balanced owner than those of us who are "infected", care to admit.

Roy

Friends don't let friends drive stock :D

-Muzzy

VIPER D.N.A said:
Been having evil thoughts of going SC. Are you ROE boys having trouble hooking up with the Twin Screw? Ive got a twin screw on my Saleen with 4:11 in the rear and it's a slippery bitch, Looking into some radials just so I can use the power I have. I love the look of the ROE and the instant rush of a TS, but are the paxtons better for actually using your power and not just spinning? I don't go to the track much, just fun around town, so I'll be keeping stock rims, tires.

I have the Roe TM and I am running 4:88's. Slippery indeed!! But it is soooo much fun to drive I think I will keep the 4:88's.

For the track you will need some slicks and a better rear end setup to really take advantage of the power. But if she really sticks you may be breakin something else?:dontknow:

Right now from 30-110 the truck just rips!! Thats right where I like it!!:p :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back