Anyone signed up for this years SRT Experience?

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard about this through a friend who doesn't own an SRT. I did some research online and I found a website about it but I don't know if this is for real or not... Can anyone fill me in?

Tom said:
I heard about this through a friend who doesn't own an SRT. I did some research online and I found a website about it but I don't know if this is for real or not... Can anyone fill me in?
I want to but what the f*ck are they thinkin. June 15 and 16 in Arizona???????

IT will be like 150 outside!:dontknow: :dontknow: :confused:

Last edited:
I just notice they up the registration fee to $500. That $200 more than last year. I thought last year was high at $300. I guess i'm out this year!

viprtek said:
I want to but what the f*ck are they thinkin. June 15 and 16 in Arizona???????

IT will be like 150 outside!:dontknow: :dontknow: :confused:

It's only in the high 90's or low 100's. It's not that bad.

And yes. I have been there in that time period and loved it. It's a shit load better than this festering shit hole I live in.

Oh yeah, it's real! Great times had. Skip Barber was name of fame for the school last year. I believe someone said Richard Petty is the man now? The instructors made the difference last year! NBT drove 8 hours to ATL Motor Speedway just to do the course!

It was $500 for non-owners last year too.
Skip Barber drivers did it for 05 and 06. Richard Petty Driving School is doing it for 07.

I had the privilege of doing the SRT Track Experience 4 times (3 as a regular entrant; 1 special event as a crew member). The first thing they tell you after you walk in the door:
"This is not your car, and these are not your tires."
Talk about a hint of the fun ahead! :)

If you don't have fun at the SRT Track Experience, lay off the bong.

Kevan said:
It was $500 for non-owners last year too.
Skip Barber drivers did it for 05 and 06. Richard Petty Driving School is doing it for 07.

I had the privilege of doing the SRT Track Experience 4 times (3 as a regular entrant; 1 special event as a crew member). The first thing they tell you after you walk in the door:
"This is not your car, and these are not your tires."
Talk about a hint of the fun ahead! :)

If you don't have fun at the SRT Track Experience, lay off the bong.

That;s true. I trashed a tire and they put me in a new car within a minute! I thought I was done for the day since I was screwing around. lol

I bought my '06 back in Jan. of '06. The SRT track experience is on my window sticker but I've never attended an event. How long am I elligible?

I went to Atlanta. It was a great day...the instructors said the same to me "the car is not yours, the tires are not yours, drive it like you stole it!"

You are alone on the drag strip...you are alone on the road course...you have an instructor with you on the short closed course (thank God!). I was having trouble hitting the apex of a turn...turning too soon...on the third time thru that turn the instructor reached over and held the wheel until the right time to hit the apex....what a learning experience...brakes on SRT vehicles were the most impressive aspect for me...you get to drive everything from the Magnum to the Viper...many times in each vehicle...what a rush! on the day I was there one person tore up a yellow viper...all the staff were worried about was the driver...no injury...you gotta go...if you have a son old enough to drive take him...after my day, I went home and bought the day for my son and son-in-law. Buying it for my daughter and daughter-in-law this year.

Last edited:
Bone said:
Oh yeah, it's real! Great times had. Skip Barber was name of fame for the school last year. I believe someone said Richard Petty is the man now? The instructors made the difference last year! NBT drove 8 hours to ATL Motor Speedway just to do the course!

And I would do it again...;) :D :)

YOU GOTTA TRY IT.IT WAS A GREAT TIME AND YOU GET TO TEAR UP OTHER PEOPLE'S CARS AND TRUCKS.WE WENT TO ATLANTA LAST YEAR.SIGNED MY WIFE UP AS A SPEC.SHE HAD A BLAST.GOT TO RIDE WITH THE PACE CAR AND DID AUTOCROSS WITH THE INSTRUCTOR.SHE WAS SMILING EAR TO EAR WHEN SHE GOT OUT.MAYBE HE WAS GIVING HER A LITTLE SOMETHING ELSE.?
I DONT KNOW, BUT WHEN SHE IS HAPPY, THINGS ARE JUST BETTER!!
GIVE IT A TRY,YOU WONT BE SORRY

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back