Are we not supposed to run these trucks?

What sound was the truck making......?.....tick tick tick.....?

ask your viper tech if a 250 shot + a blower + 6400 rpms can cause that.....:D

Nowwhat said:
What sound was the truck making......?.....tick tick tick.....?

ask your viper tech if a 250 shot + a blower + 6400 rpms can cause that.....:D
:rofl: :rofl:

HE'S GOING TO SAY..... FINALY AN EXCUSE TO VOID YOU'R WARANTY

You guys are crazy!
Nowwhat, you've got me thinking...if they have to take the engine apart...might as well get some go fast stuff in there...right?
As far as the oil thing goes, the 2006 model is built on a different frame, allowing for a bigger pan, therefore more oil. 10 quarts brought it up to full, and it remained at that mark for 2600 miles.
Hmmmmm...go fast parts...forged internals...cam...blower...warranty...damn.

Last edited:
He's caught it! Consider yourself totally infected, just like the rest of us.

OK gearheads, help me out.
It's not something simple with my engine. It's deep. I don't want a rebuilt engine in my new truck.
Now the question. If I demand they drop a new engine in my truck will it hurt the collectors value? Do the numbers need to match in order for these trucks to hold their value? Or is it a series of numbers that need to match?
If that is the case, I'm going for a whole new truck. I bought this thing to keep. They are not making any more. And I don't want their problem to become my problem.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Go for the new truck. While the numbers matching is an issue...the truth be told these will not be collector items for 30 or more years to come.

But you deserve a new truck...email BigPerm...he had a problem (not engine) and managed to spend a few dollars and get a new truck.

Roy

Thanks Prof,
The ball is in their court right now. I'm going to see what solution they come up with first.
Then I'll make an ass out of myself...

You shouldn't have to get angry, just get what you are due. A new one is what you should have. There are state agencies to help too.

Also continue to snoop around and find Bam Bam...he is a super Viper Tech and is in the Carolina's somewhere. He left Jacksonville a couple of months back...find him and your life will be much more placid.

Update,
The factory rep told the tech to go ahead and take the timing cover off and then give him a call. What's up with that? The knocking is coming from the drivers side rear of the engine. Maybe he thought the timing chain slipped a tooth. I don't get it.
And why are they doing this while the engine is still in my truck? Just another chance to get scratches all over it. (My truck).
I still miss my baby...

dealers are a funny lot......

i took my jeep in to the jeep dealership for a tsb on the warped rotors issue & since i didn't get my notice from dcx before the deadline, they won't do the work.......

i take my srt-10 in to the dodge dealership for the noisy clutch slave cylinder & they are doing a complete clutch job (flywheel resurface, new clutch, pressure plate, slave/master cylinder) ----- no questions asked...

go figure. :dontknow:

mopar,
It knocks all the time, although the sound changes a little bit.
I still don't want a rebuilt engine in a new truck...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back