Asking for some input on exhaust mod

black pearl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the OEM exhaust manifolds and would like to delete the 4 cats. Or find 4 cats, gut them and weld them back together. Making it look entirely stock if the local law enforcement wants to take a peek;) Also what do I need to do with the O2 sensors:dontknow:
Since I live in a state that has emissions checks every 2 years, I would like to use flanges to reinstall the OEM cats and pipes for inspection. I Have checked with some local shops in CA but, most of them would not do it or wanted $500.00 cash which sounds a little high. If anyone in the S. CA area knows of a reasonably priced muffler shop that will do the modifications please give me a shout.

thanks!

buy Justins pipes they replace the cats and come with the sims and the plus is when you go for emissions you just put your cats back on thats what I did we have that shit too.Just a thought and the are very nice Just got em this week cause the shops around here are pricks too.

DevilDawg3097 said:
buy Justins pipes they replace the cats and come with the sims and the plus is when you go for emissions you just put your cats back on thats what I did we have that shit too.Just a thought and the are very nice Just got em this week cause the shops around here are pricks too.
i originally went this route too for emissions reasons, but found the swapping out of these pipes to be a big pita......:(

i eventually went with a complete exhaust system with flanges on the mids for a much easier swapout:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13367&highlight=B&b+exhaust

you could do the same with the help of a good muffler shop that will work with you...... you will be able to shorten up your mids & with flanges make it easier to handle then the rusted slip joints. :)

For 375 you can get some HP and a KILLER note!

MBRP single LOOK AWESOME and the sound.................O THE SOUND!

Knock the front 2 cats out and it is PERFECT and Cheap.

It's basically the TRI-FLIPPIN-FICKTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC00765.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back