Audio clarification

hcetzneb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so i have a 04 rc w/ navi so i belive i have a rb1... basiclly i would like navi/sirius / bluetooth/ ipod/ and a cd changer i would like to keep it factory

So i have seen the rb4 if i have a rb1 with navi do i need to chang antenna ?? also what other module or modules do i need to get all that ?

I know i need a sirius module/ and a u connect i think i heard of???

Also i heard there is a optional cd changer that fits in the pocket under the heater controls is this true??? This would be nice so to keep the navi cd in all the time ??? any and all answers welcome. Im trying to see if its poss/ economical to stay factory or do i gut it all and go aftermarket

hcetzneb said:
Ok so i have a 04 rc w/ navi so i belive i have a rb1... basiclly i would like navi/sirius / bluetooth/ ipod/ and a cd changer i would like to keep it factory

So i have seen the rb4 if i have a rb1 with navi do i need to chang antenna ?? also what other module or modules do i need to get all that ?

I know i need a sirius module/ and a u connect i think i heard of???

Also i heard there is a optional cd changer that fits in the pocket under the heater controls is this true??? This would be nice so to keep the navi cd in all the time ??? any and all answers welcome. Im trying to see if its poss/ economical to stay factory or do i gut it all and go aftermarket

Factory should be RB4 unless you or previous owner changed it out already, RB4 only shows you the next turn, RB1 shows you a map.

RB4 and RB1 use different GPS antennas.

With the RB1 you could add Uconnect for Bluetooth phone calls (will not play music via Bluetooth I believe), but it will not show the number on the screen when a call comes in.

Sirius module would also be needed if you don't already have one (mine did with the original RB4 and also worked with the RB1, just needed to get a subscription).

There is an iPod kit from Mopar, but I believe you lose the CD changer and Sirius if you go that route.

Don't think you could put the Nav disc in the changer, don't know much about it as mine did not have the changer.

Here's a good site for this:
http://home.comcast.net/~mr.scsi3/RB1_RB4.HTML

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back