audio help???

ACE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to add some mtx truck speakers and an amp to my 04 RC
and remove the stock sub, The MTX's are an older "truck" style with mid, high, and 12" woofers. so I'll need to tap into the rear channel of the audio system. preferbly a "line level" input and not speaker level, anybody know the wiring setup for this? thanks in advance... also if anybody know's if I can control a sony cd changer from around 1997 or 98 era and where the wiring for this would be? It's an rb4 by the way.. thanks again..
Joe:rock:

ACE said:
Hello guys, I want to add some mtx truck speakers and an amp to my 04 RC
and remove the stock sub, The MTX's are an older "truck" style with mid, high, and 12" woofers. so I'll need to tap into the rear channel of the audio system. preferbly a "line level" input and not speaker level, anybody know the wiring setup for this? thanks in advance... also if anybody know's if I can control a sony cd changer from around 1997 or 98 era and where the wiring for this would be? It's an rb4 by the way.. thanks again..
pm 5 0 bait, he is really really good with audio

HUMMMM? no 5 0 bait user found it says? tried all variations of that ID??
joe

hey ACE how ya doin'? My name is actually 5 (underscore) 0 (underscore)BAIT

First question answer:
I would use a LOC (line output converter about 20 bucks at Wal-Mart). This allows you to tap on speaker wires (rear are the best) and with the part plug in RCA's directly to your amp. If you hook it up using line level input (after its amplified) then you are asking for trouble. Most of the "trouble" is in the shape of audio distortion (sounds like shit sometimes) By using the LOC you guarantee that the sound will be the best possible and not double amplified.

Second question answer:
The easiest way (only one I know of with the RB4) to control a sony cd player is throug a sony interface and a wired FM Modulator. Install should be fairly easy.

If these answers are way off base:dontknow: or just confusing PM me and we can talk.:D

Frank

5_0_BAIT said:
LOL I just can't help but to love (manly way only of course) you TN boys.
Hey Frank, you recieve that box yet???

Thanks Stinker!:rock: Hell without you I would have never felt so welcomed. I just like to follow your footsteps and help when I can:D

J I have not received the box.

Let me find the tracking #
My parts manager should be back in an hour and i'll find the tracking number

Last edited:
K thanks.:rock:

So this is what it is like to post whore mmmmmmmmmmm...................I think I like it!:D

ACE was online for awhile but no response. I think he might be used to other forums where answers take days:dontknow:

Frank, hey thanks for the responce!! I never thought to try a variation like that for your user ID....lol
any way thanks for the info, I knew about the converters but just thought that the factory amp might have a preamp input that I could tap into..
but the converter would work quite well thanks, as for the changer I was hopping to get it to work directly with the rb4, I remember reading someware that the rb4 was capable of controlling sony changers? oh well the fm interface should suffice nicely though,
as for the "other" forums, I used to go on to some of them but were never quite comfertable there, I have since became a supporting member here, even though I never recieved my star....?
But thats O.K I did not "pay" to be reconized I did it to support the best dam srt-10 sight out there!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:
Thanks for the help Joe

Joe we are glad to have you here, It took me a while to get my star posted too. Like you I was not worried about it. I was not aware that the RB4 can run some sony changers. If you find any info about this or could guide me in the direction you found the info, I would love to learn more. Thanks again. Looks like you are going to fit in well here. Cheers to another bad ass VTCOA member:rock: :rock:

Frank, Thanks for the warm welcome..
This is the website that I found listing the rb4 abillitys http://home.comcast.net/~mr.scsi3/RB1_RB4.HTML
I do not see it listed as working on sony changers, sorry I was wrong, but it does list changers working on the 10 pin changer/sirius connector, My truck does not have the sirius set up so I was hopping that I could use this connector to hook up the changer..
I think I will contact this guy and see if he has any info, I will let you know if I get anyware..
thanks again..

Hey Joe, the first website you posted I have been too. He sells used units on ebay (I sent him an email 2 hours ago LOL We must think alike) From my understanding, the RB1 is made by Alpine. I would find it hard to believe that Sony would make something compatible. Maybe for the RB4's?

Will check on the second link. Keep me informed. You have peaked my interest!

Hey Frank thanks for the link, it looks as though that will work just fine, I will have to get that and see if it works!!
thanks again..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back