Auto tranny woes. Or not :)

phunny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So at 56,000 miles my tranny started slipping badly. I could redline it and really not pick up any speed. All the dealerships and tranny shops said it needed rebuilt so I decided I'd try one more thing. Got on here and found the band adjustment article and went for it. Its as easy as an oil change honestly. Got her all back together and she runs perfect! I took picks and will do a write up on it later. Got myinfo of this site so thanks a million guys.

-charlie

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

This place is a storehouse of good info....

Yup, I adjust mine every 6 months. Very easy to do, once you've done it one time.

yea i need to get like a PML pan so i can drain the fluid and reuse it! I havn't serviced the tranny yet but I wanted to get the GM solenoids to do it at once but now i have the shift kit as well, so all together it is..... Where can we get a good aftermarket tranny pan at?

Troy's QC SRT said:
yea i need to get like a PML pan so i can drain the fluid and reuse it! I havn't serviced the tranny yet but I wanted to get the GM solenoids to do it at once but now i have the shift kit as well, so all together it is..... Where can we get a good aftermarket tranny pan at?
Troy, Tony sells the MagHytec pans. They're the best ones to get. They have two types. One that holds 1 1/2 quarts more than factory and one that holds 4 quarts more than factory. I have the one that holds 1 1/2 quarts more, I'm gonna be getting the larger one from Tony soon. If you're interested I'll sell you mine for $100.00, unless you want the larger one. The one I have, also has the fitting on the side for the temperature gauge sensor.

Does your have a oil drain plug? if it does ill take it...dont plan on running a sensor so i should just be able to screw a bung plug in there no? If so ill take it! When you planning on getting it cause i want to do my tranny stuff around the end of oct when i get back....

Troy's QC SRT said:
Does your have a oil drain plug? if it does ill take it...dont plan on running a sensor so i should just be able to screw a bung plug in there no? If so ill take it! When you planning on getting it cause i want to do my tranny stuff around the end of oct when i get back....
Probably wont be ready by the end of October. Since I just did the shift kit and the band adjustment, I dont want to waste the fluid. Will probably closer to December

ok well i may just do it with the oem pan and get yours from you and wait until i change it the next time..... just let me know when your going to do it....

Troy's QC SRT said:
ok well i may just do it with the oem pan and get yours from you and wait until i change it the next time..... just let me know when your going to do it....
No problem, I'll let u know. But, should be around December. I want to adjust the line pressure up a little.

SANTEEN said:
No problem, I'll let u know. But, should be around December. I want to adjust the line pressure up a little.

Yes thats right...get it all figured out before I do mine Steve:D

1fast10 said:
If Troy doesnt take it I deff will!!!
Haha. You two have a pretty good friendly rivalry/competition going. I hope both of u make it to panama. Should be a good grudge match.

SANTEEN said:
Haha. You two have a pretty good friendly rivalry/competition going. I hope both of u make it to panama. Should be a good grudge match.

Ha ha me and Pete are pretty much neck and neck except he has the juice! We'll see by PCB...... I have to call my branch and see if they can push back my report date till like the 20th...... :dontknow:

Troy's QC SRT said:
Ha ha me and Pete are pretty much neck and neck except he has the juice! We'll see by PCB...... I have to call my branch and see if they can push back my report date till like the 20th...... :dontknow:
Make it happen brother. I'm looking forward to meeting you and a few other new members.

SANTEEN said:
Make it happen brother. I'm looking forward to meeting you and a few other new members.

Yea bro me too! If anything i know me and my old lady will roll down that way on a four day to do a little partying! If we do that I'll let you know and maybe we can go out to eat or something :rock:

Troy's QC SRT said:
Yea bro me too! If anything i know me and my old lady will roll down that way on a four day to do a little partying! If we do that I'll let you know and maybe we can go out to eat or something :rock:
Good deal

No Competition actually quite the opposite lately we've been ordering two of everything and getting each othe squared away...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back