auto trans won't shift into od

pissant#420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trans has been acting up since Wed started feeling like it was jumping into neutral, today after getting off interstate on the offramp it felt like it was falling out of truck got home fluid was comming out of inspection cover plate checked fluid looked ok now it won't go into overdrive its an 05QC only3600 miles no mods will take to dealer Mon morn

Welcome to the site...you have found the place to come for help...but with your low mileage, the dealer will have no problem helping you...be sure the stealership has a viper tech...others with the auto will chime in soon.

Prof said:
Welcome to the site...you have found the place to come for help...but with your low mileage, the dealer will have no problem helping you...be sure the stealership has a viper tech...others with the auto will chime in soon.
I'd make sure the dealer has a good trans tech

vipers don't have auto trannys, so you don't need a viper tech. My dealer doesn't have a tranny guy so they made me take mine to the jeep dealer and of course they fixed it but it broke again within a week.

my trans was misshiftin it wouldn't go into gear i toke it to the dealer got it replaced under warrant n haven't had problems since

thanks 4 the replies i'm sick about it took it to dealer last night before it closed they will look at it monday morn

this is what happened

snap ring busted had to replace tranny over 70% internal parts no good replaced under warranty over running clutch seized in input shaft overdrive clutch burnt & front clutches mech stated machining flaw caused input shaft to fail when snap ring broke it locked into 2nd gear , new tranny ,tork converter,trans pressure lines ,& trans cooler 5 days down total Happy now sorry it took so long to repost

All this happened without a Stage 2 Flash:dontknow: Thank god mine is still ok even with my stage 2:rock:

i feel very lucky, the trans guy at my dealer is also a viper tech...so i get the best of both worlds!!!

What does a Viper tech have to do with transmissions:dontknow: These are the same trannies that are in the diesel. ??

he is the tranny guy at the dealer, does all their tranny jobs...........but he is also a certified viper tech, they have nothing to do with each other, he is both!!

Annu Kumar said:
What does a Viper tech have to do with transmissions:dontknow: These are the same trannies that are in the diesel. ??
your correct trannies are the same as diesels the Viper tech is also the tranny guy at the dealer I went to ,its also nice to know that he knows the value & rarity of our trucks & cars

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back