Auto transmission questions

Newfie-SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me.

2005 quad cab 65000km

1st-2nd hard shift, can feel a jolt and rev increase while shifting

Should I adjust bands?

Transmission fluid change? Best fluid/filter to use. Cost is not a concern

Also gets a clunk from P to R and N to D

There is no slipping that I can notice

It's been sitting for a year

Hard shift much worst when cold -10 cold

Off topic

Best Rear diff fluid?

Good replacement spark plugs NGK #?

When engine first fires up has a knocking noise and when warm like a loud tick

Thanks.
I'm not a fan of champion but I'm not hard to get along with I'll change them often anyway.

What type plug should I use? Copper, platinum, iridium ect

Not really many problems with the champions for our trucks, but your like me you dont like champions...Ive just had to many bad experiences with them (not in a LA v10) to use them in anything...NGK Number ZFR5N

In any case stick with the factory equivalent...

Sounds like u need a full tranny service, for plugs I use just the basic NGK plugs, don't use the platinum or irandium tip fancey plugs, our trucks like the basic plugs best.

You should have the entire tranny/system flushed out. Anything sitting for a year is bound to be a little gummy.

Hahahaha, I will be going 6 speed. But do you know how hard parts are to find to do this in canada. And the cost is crazy

For now I want to just get it working as is should. It's not my daily driver I also own a 2014 cummins with the black package

Hahahaha, I will be going 6 speed. But do you know how hard parts are to find to do this in canada. And the cost is crazy

For now I want to just get it working as is should. It's not my daily driver I also own a 2014 cummins with the black package

That's why I sell the conversion kit bud ;)
Everything you need :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back