Autocrossed the 10 today! Suspension questions...

Vman455

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These trucks do better than I expected (but to be fair, the course favored high-horsepower vehicles with good straight-line acceleration--it was laid out on an airport runway). Seemed more predictable than my GTS, and easier to approach the limits of traction. The Viper would stick like glue right up to the point where it lost traction, and then it would all be gone. One thing I didn't like about the truck (which I expected) was the body roll. It's lowered 1" in front, 2" in rear with a Groundforce kit, and has Energy Suspension sway bar bushings (the rest are still stock). The questions I have now are:

1) Is it worth installing the shortened endlinks from JMB? How much of an effect will this have?
2) Same question, but the Energy Suspension bushings?
3) Same question, but the QA1's from JMB?

i would say go for the full poly bushins.

the difference from stock to full poly, i have the ground force kit also plus caltracs, was/is awesome.

body roll was cut bout half & weight transfer was enough that i had to raise r.p.m.s so she would not bog down & nose rise is much higher with the polys.

i still have the stock end links, don't know which part of the sway is supposed to be parallel to the ground

oh and i read, on here i believe, that our beasts were designed & set up for the twisty bits not the straight line stuff

Last edited:
JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I would say get rid of the hemi springs in front:p

no :toilet: ?????

what does a pair of your front springs go for????

and would an actual 4 corner weight readin help when orderin????

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I would say get rid of the hemi springs in front:p

Ha ha--didn't see that coming, but makes sense. Do you sell the springs/bumpstops separately from the rest of the kit?

ZCx said:
i would say go for the full poly bushins.

the difference from stock to full poly, i have the ground force kit also plus caltracs, was/is awesome.

body roll was cut bout half & weight transfer was enough that i had to raise r.p.m.s so she would not bog down & nose rise is much higher with the polys.

i still have the stock end links, don't know which part of the sway is supposed to be parallel to the ground

oh and i read, on here i believe, that our beasts were designed & set up for the twisty bits not the straight line stuff

This is sort of what I wanted to hear--of the three I mentioned, this is the cheapest upgrade...

what shocks are you running?

go with a full poly upgrade, get the sway bars level, you can either cut and weld the endlinks yourself or get the ones that JMB offers.

and yes.
and right now...(had to go look) but only have one set of front control arm bushings left. time to reorder, had abit of run on them:)

Vman455 said:
This is sort of what I wanted to hear--of the three I mentioned, this is the cheapest upgrade...

the rack bushin make a hell of a difference & a set of Stinkers p/s lines make the steerin very sporty

:rock: :rock: :rock:

This is the little gizzmo that makes trucks corner flat.......It is called a watts linkage!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Watts L Smokey.jpg
    Watts L Smokey.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 187
and this...will help you see whatever it is you just posted, jerry:D :D

istockphoto_6280888-magnifying-glass.jpg

includemeout said:
This is the little gizzmo that makes trucks corner flat.......It is called a watts linkage!!!!!!!
The 2005 and up durango have those, I think the diff covers maybe the same as a super 60 ;) :dontknow:

GADodgetech said:
The 2005 and up durango have those, I think the diff covers maybe the same as a super 60 ;) :dontknow:
Yep from Smokey Unick ( top left pic on last page,coil springs, but same thing.
You can see a real ram air in the pic's too if you look.)
http://www.canepa.com/inventory/racecar_1/Smokey Chevelle_1/index.html
From forever to today this has always been the quickest and easyest way to keep your ride cornering flat, that and the biggest sway bar you can have made for up front. Shocks and spring are the fine tuning of suspention.

Spent a lot of time around a lot of pro's on this subject when I was in high school, kept my mouth shut , listened up and watched the men make things handle in the twistys and down the 1320.

ZCx said:
Watts Link
the watts link gives me a woody:rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks for the article:rock:

includemeout said:
Yep from Smokey Unick ( top left pic on last page,coil springs, but same thing.
You can see a real ram air in the pic's too if you look.)
http://www.canepa.com/inventory/racecar_1/Smokey Chevelle_1/index.html
From forever to today this has always been the quickest and easyest way to keep your ride cornering flat, that and the biggest sway bar you can have made for up front. Shocks and spring are the fine tuning of suspention.

Spent a lot of time around a lot of pro's on this subject when I was in high school, kept my mouth shut , listened up and watched the men make things handle in the twistys and down the 1320. Learned alot

includemeout said:
Thanks for the article:rock:

thanks for the article. great read:rock:

one of the greats Smokey Yunick:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:
ZCx said:
thanks for the article. great read:rock:

one of the greats Smokey Yunick:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Smokey was my hero and a real nice guy.:rock: :rock: :D

Here is a neat active illustration of how a Watts Link keeps the body from rolling ,keeps the rear end centered, and allows only straight line vertical movement. Just grab the little red ball and move it up and down.
Gotta scroll down a little.........

http://www.mekanizmalar.com/watts.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_linkage

Last edited:
includemeout said:
Smokey was my hero and a real nice guy.:rock: :rock: :D

Here is a neat active illustration of how a Watts Link keeps the body from rolling ,keeps the rear end centered, and allows only straight line vertical movement. Just grab the little red ball and move it up and down.
Gotta scroll down a little.........

http://www.mekanizmalar.com/watts.html

neat:rock: :rock: :rock:

i broke it:mad: :mad: :mad: :aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back